How to: Use Webtext on Three.ie

by 3 Moderator ‎06-04-2017 03:42 PM - edited ‎09-11-2017 10:20 AM (1,464 Views)

How to use webtext.jpg

If you ever run out of credit or texts but really need to get in touch with someone, fear not! Three offer all of our customers the chance to use our free webtext service. Once you’ve registered for webtext, you can use up to 500 free texts each month to send to any Irish or international mobile. You can also group contacts, perfect for communicating with a large group of friends, your local football team or yoga class.

Here’s how to get started:

Registering

Registering for webtext is easy – just visit our registration page. Then you’re good to go! You’ll then have 500 free webtexts on your account for a month. Once the month is up, your message amount will renew.

Using your webtexts

You can log onto https://webtexts.three.ie at any time to use your webtexts. Once you log in, you can either send a message instantly or schedule a message for later.

To send a text:

1. Type your message in the ‘Type your message’ box.
  2. Under ‘Add contacts & groups’, enter the number or select the contact you wish to text.

Sent messages

You can see sent text messages and if they have been delivered by clicking ‘Sent Webtexts’.

Adding contacts

There’s two ways to add contacts to your account.

• Click ‘Contacts & Groups’ > ‘New Contact’ and then enter the contact details. Then click ‘Save Contact’.
  • You can also import your contacts from a CSV file. Click ‘Import Contacts’ and follow the instructions. For detailed information on CSV file importing and how to transfer your contacts from your phone, Gmail, Outlook and more, see here.

You can also set up a group on webtext by clicking Contacts & Groups > Groups > New Group. You can then select contacts from your Address Book to add to the group. Groups can have a maximum of 25 contacts.

Help – I can’t access my account

If you’ve been locked out of your account or can’t access your webtexts for any other reason, get in touch by PM’ing a mod or using our webchat.

Comments
by Potty
on ‎20-04-2017 10:25 PM
I am unable to register for webtexting on my mobile - can you help me?
by Potty
on ‎20-04-2017 10:26 PM
I am unable to register for webtexting on my mobile
by 3 Moderator
on ‎21-04-2017 09:58 AM

Hey @Potty 👋 I'll certainly help you out here 😊 What error message do you get when trying to register? Mairéad 

jQuery UI Accordion - Default functionality