Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

All About: Webtext

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Three_Stacey_1-1695744296959.png

If you ever run out of credit or texts but really need to get in touch with someone, don't worry! Three offer all of our customers, including broadband, the chance to use our free Webtext service. Once you have registered for Webtext, you can use up to 500 free texts each month to send to any Irish mobile number, 25 of which you can use to text international mobiles. You can also create group contacts – perfect for communicating with a large group of friends, your local football team, or yoga class.

Tip: Include yourself in the group Webtext so that you have a copy of the text 👍

Registering

Registering for Webtext is easy – just make sure that you have signed up to My3 here and you’re good to go! Remember that Webtext is only available through our website and not the My3 app. Once you have signed up for Webtext and have logged into My3, you will then have 500 free Webtexts on your account for one month. Once the month is up, your message amount will renew. You can log in by using this link, or by clicking "Send a Webtext" from the menu at the bottom of the landing page. 

Three_Stacey_2-1659095997431.jpeg

Using your Webtexts

Once you select "Webtext", you will see a new dashboard. Have a look at the image below for what to expect! Here, you can either send a message instantly or schedule a message for later.

Three_Stacey_0-1704796698453.png

Once you have sent your message, a bar will appear at the top of the page to let you know that has been sent. Replies will be sent to your phone or broadband. For your broadband, go to the modem/router dashboard via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1

When you log in here, you will see an envelope symbol for SMS in the top right corner.

Adding contacts

There are two ways to add contacts to your account.

• When writing a message and writing in the number to send it to, you will be given an option to add that number to your contacts.
  • Click the "Contacts" tab and add your contacts there. You can also add groups as contacts. Just click "Groups" and "Add new group".

A little bit more

• Webtext service is only available in Ireland and the UK.
  • You will find Webtext via My3 desktop site, not the app.
  • Sent Webtext are not saved. For groups, it is always handy to include your own number. This way, you will have a copy of the webtext that you have sent.

Don’t forget to check out the Webtext T&Cs:  https://www.three.ie/legal/terms/webtext-terms-conditions/

4 Comments