Choosing Your Prepay Plan

by 3 Moderator on ‎06-11-2017 01:35 PM - last edited on ‎03-01-2018 03:05 PM by 3 Moderator (356 Views)

Choosing Prepay Plan.jpg

When it comes to choosing a phone plan that's right for you, there are three main things you should be thinking of: data, phone calls and texts. (There is also roaming abroad and add-ons but we'll get to those later.)

Data: This includes emails, WhatsApp, browsing the web, apps and social media. If you use any of these, you'll need a plan with data. How much data you need depends on how often you use the internet. For example, if you watch Netflix on your phone, you can use approximately 1GB of data every hour!

Calls: If possible, sit down with your invoices or mobile phone call log and get a weekly or monthly estimate of how many calls you make and the time spent on each call. Since smartphones became popular along came internet calling apps like Skype and WhatsApp, and so we can often underestimate the number of calls we make per week/month. Make sure to have a look at your recently dialled calls and check how many minutes you're using, this will help decide what plan you should go for based on your usage.

SMS: More commonly known as text messages. With the rise of WhatsApp and other mobile messaging services, text messages have taken somewhat of a backseat. Just like making calls, make sure not to underestimate how much you use SMS. Think of people you know who don't use a smartphone - do you have an allowance of SMS to stay in touch with these friends or family members?

Prepay Price Plans

We have five prepay plans available currently – Three Essential+, Three Essential, BeFree Talk, BeFree Text and BeFree Internet.

Prepay gives you the freedom to remain contract free and just the use the credit you have available to you, so you don’t wrack up any extra costs.

See the table below for details:

Three Essential +

Three Essential

Befree Talk

Befree Text

Befree Internet

Minimum top up to activate benefits

N/A

Drawdown of top up

N/A

Domestic Voice

N/A

N/A

Free any network calls (ROI & EU roaming)

N/A

N/A

International Minutes

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Domestic SMS

Free Three to Three texts (ROI only)

N/A

N/A

Free any network texts (ROI & EU roaming)

Domestic Data

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

7.5GB

Per Min Three to Three Calls

38c

22c

38c

38c

38c

Per Min Calls to other networks

38c

52c

38c

38c

38c

Connection Fee

9c

9c

9c

9c

9c

Per SMS Three to Three

15c

15c

17c

17c

17c

Per SMS to other networks

15c

15c

17c

17c

17c

First 200MB

€2

€2

€2

€2

€2

Per MB Thereafter

€1

€1

€1

€1

€1

MMS

24.6c

24.6c

24.6c

24.6c

24.6c

Voicemail

Free

Free

15c

15c

15c

Voicemail Connection Fee

Free

Free

Free

Free

Free

To purchase one of the above prepay plans, check out How do I change my Prepay Plan?, or contact us on webchat.  

Add-Ons

At Three, we offer a range of add-ons to suit your needs. An add-on is an extra to your phone plan, and can provide you with additional minutes, texts, or data.

To purchase an add-on for your plan, log into your My3 account, and go to Manage My Plan > Manage Plan. Alternatively, get in touch with us via webchat.

What if I don’t want a plan?

No worries, we have flat rates cost for call, texts and data:

Prepay Flat Rate 

Per Min Three to Three Calls

23c

Per Min Calls to other networks

23c

Connection Fee

9c

Per SMS Three to Three

15c

Per SMS to other networks

15c

First 200MB

€2

Per MB Thereafter

€1

MMS

24.6c

Voicemail

Free

Voicemail Connection Fee

Free

Checking Usage

To check your data usage, as well as checking minutes and text usage, simply log on to your My3 Account.

Roaming

Going abroad? Check out Three’s roaming rates here.

Have a question about our price plans? Feel free to private message our Community mods, or get in touch with us via webchat.

New Julie N.jpg

Joolz

Joolz is one of our in house bloggers. She loves reporting on the newest trends in apps and tech news and she loves all things Apple.

You can contact Joolz here.

jQuery UI Accordion - Default functionality