Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

Get up to €5 off your first Google Play purchase

3 Community Manager

Three PBM Banner.png

Get up to €5 off your first Google Play purchase. Choose from the latest films, bestselling books and so much more.

The offer entitles Three Ireland customers up to €5 euro off a purchase on Google Play when they select 3 Billing as the payment method.

To avail of this offer 👉 click here

• Offer open to Android customers who are new to Pay by Mobile or have not made a purchase using Pay by Mobile since 1/3/20.
  • Offer is available between the 23rd of October and 6th of November 2020
  • Offer available for one purchase only.
  • For any queries check out How to contact Three 
  • You will receive a confirmation text within 30 seconds however please allow up to an hour for the refund to process

Offer open to new 3 Android Pay By Mobile customers and Android customers who have not made a Pay By Mobile purchase since 1/3/2020

Find out more about Pay by Mobile 👉 click here

Three Google 3 (1).PNG

Using 3 Billing

1) Open the Google Play app and press the three lines button on the top left.

2) Scroll to the bottom and press 'Account'.

3) Press 'Payment Methods'.

4) Press ‘Use 3 Billing’ under ‘Add a payment method’ or 👉 click here

5) Make sure 3 Billing is selected at checkout.

Check out How To: Buy apps using Pay by Mobile 

Three google 2 (1).PNG

FAQs

Prepay Customers: Please ensure you have enough credit on your account before trying to purchase on the Google Play Store. Use My3 to check your balance or dial 1745 to see it displayed on screen, or 1744 to hear it.

Post Pay Customers: If you encounter an error when trying to make a purchase on the Google Play Store please ensure that you do not have a credit limit set on your account.

What is 3 Pay by Mobile (Carrier billing)?

Pay by Mobile is a payment method where you use your 3 mobile phone account to pay for digital content.

How do I get the refund?

Purchase anything on the Google Play Store through the 3Plus app offer. After completing the purchase, you will receive a text message confirming the refund of your purchase. The text will arrive within 30 seconds however please allow up to an hour.

I can’t see any €5 discount before buying on the Google Play store?

The offer is to refund your 1st purchase after buying. Therefore, you will not see any discounts in the checkout.

How much can I spend?

You can buy anything you like in the Play Store and 3 will refund a maximum of €5 on your first purchase only.

E.g if you buy something for €4 you will be charged €4 and then refunded €4

E.g if you buy something for €8 you will be charged €8 and then refunded €5 making your cost €3

What can I buy with this offer?

You can buy anything you like in Google Play Store. You could rent a film or sign up to a subscription such as YouTube premium or Google One. You can make in-app purchases in your favourite game.

Can I use my Laptop/PC?

3Billing is only available on the Google Play Store on your Android device.

Terms and conditions

• Google Play terms and conditions 👉 click here 
7 Comments
Regular Visitor

When  I try and set up 3 billing I just get "error the account verification text could not be sent please try again", any ideas?☹

3 Community Manager

@Rory2 hi there, we've reached out privately to assist you with this, please drop us a reply so we can get you up and running. If anyone else is experiencing issues please don't hesitate to reach out 👌

3 Community Manager

@Rory2 thanks for getting back to my PM and passing on your details, much appreciated. I'm popping these steps up here as it could help others in the same boat as yourself. Give it a try and let me know how you get on 👌

• On your Android phone, go to Settings.
  • Under App settings, go to Installed apps.
  • Find Google Play Store and tap on it to open it.
  • Go to Permissions.
  • Enable settings that say receive, send, or read SMS messages.
  • Then go back to your Play Store and try again.

Regular Visitor
I've tried putting all permissions on for google play store including access to sms, but the verification sms still isn't sending
3 Community Manager

@Rory2 Thanks so much for trying that. The next thing I'd like you to try is popping your SIM into another phone and testing that, can you give that a go?

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'm unable to pay Youtube Premium using Three credit. I have payment set and I can pay for some app in Play Store but not Youtube Premium since it loads Youtube app and there I can't see "3" as an option. Any way to fix this? I've tried removing and adding pay with mobile opton a few times but without success.

3 Community Manager

@MrQuickFX Hello there, I'll need to reach out to the relevant team about this for you. Can you send me a PM with your full name, number, address and date of birth? Thanks