Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

How to: Choose a Prepay Plan

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

Choose a Prepay Plan.png

Thinking of changing your price plan or want to know more about the plan you are currently on? Regardless of whether you are an existing Three customer or a new customer, we have all the information you could possibly need about our fantastic Prepay price plans 😃

The Plans

Firstly, if you have been a Three customer for a while, you may be on an older (legacy) plan. To check if you are on a legacy plan, have a look at your plan name on My3. Then, take a look here for more details on our older plans 👌

Not registered on My3 yet? Sign up, here

If you fancy changing up, we have a range of plan options to consider! There are 3 Prepay plans available:

• 3 Prepay 15
  • 3 Prepay 20
  • 3 Prepay 30

And you can check them all out in more detail by clicking here, or by taking a look at our blog to find out which plans include All You Can Eat Data:

All about: All You Can Eat Data with Three Prepay 

Which plan is best for you?

When it comes to choosing the plan that’s right for you, there are three main things to consider – calls, texts and data. Take a look at your usage in the ‘View History’ section in your My3 account to help you decide which plan will work best for you. If you are currently on another network provider and are thinking of joining Three, you can usually find your usage information on your own provider account pages. And if you can't, well, that's just one more reason to join Three 👍

Tip: If you use a lot of data, then choose a plan with the 'All You Can Eat Data' or 'Unlimited' options. Did you know that watching Netflix on your phone can use between 1GB to 3GB in the space of an hour? So, ditch the limits and get all you can eat with Three!

Changing your plan

Have you decided which plan you want? Here’s what you need to do next:

If you are new to Three:

If you are an existing Three customer:

• If you are logging in via the browser on your PC/laptop/mobile device, you will see the ‘Your Plan’ section on your My3 dashboard. Underneath your current plan, you will see the option to ‘Change Plan’. Please note: If you are logging into the My3 app, look out for the option button (three dots) next to to the 'Top Used Allowances' title. You will then see the 'Change Plan' option in the pop-up menu. You will now be re-directed to My3 on your browser. 

Three_Stacey_0-1693477315027.png

• Once you have chosen the right plan to suit your needs, click on the ‘Choose Plan’ button underneath your preferred choice.
  • You will then be brought to the ‘Review Order’ page where you will see your existing plan and the plan you are changing to.
  • At the bottom of that screen, you will have the option to ‘Confirm & Top-Up’ or ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Click on ‘Confirm & Top-Up’ to proceed and follow the steps to top-up by the required amount.
  • Your plan will change over within minutes 👌

Some things to note:

• When you top up by the minimum amount required to activate your new plan, that minimum top-up is then deducted from your balance to pay for all of the lovely allowances that you will now get. So don't be alarmed if you top up to activate your plan and your current balance doesn't increase! You will just see your allowances and benefits being updated instead.
  • Once your 28 days have passed, further usage charges will apply. So make sure to top-up again by the amount required to reactivate your price plan benefits every 28 days. This way, you get the best value for money. Tip: use the 'Schedule Top Up' option to automate top ups from your credit/debit card, so you never have to worry about re-activating!
  • To view the charges outside your plan, take a look here.
  • Our legacy plans are no longer for sale, so once you move over to our new suite of plans, you may not be able to switch back.
  • Any unused credit shall expire 180 days following voucher activation, or application of credit to your account. This 180 day expiry period also applies to any credit on your account which has been accumulated on other Three prepay plans if you move plans. However, any promotional bonus credit applied to your account as a bonus for customers who meet eligibility criteria, as provided by Three for various promotions, will have an expiry period of 30 days, unless otherwise advised by Three in a particular promotion.

Got a question? Search the rest of the 3Community 24/7, wherever you are. And if you can't find the answer you need, why not ask a new question on our Prepay Priceplan board? Remember, the 3Community never sleeps 😊 

Getting Started on 3Community