Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Data connection frequently dropping

EthanDonegal
Investigator

Data connection frequently dropping

Hi
My data connection frequently drops whilst on LTE with excellent coverage, pages will fail on first load and auto reload, very problematic when using certain sites such a revolut top up page for example.
Currently using a Pixel 6 Pro - have got a new sim in the hope things would improve but no luck.
11 REPLIES 11
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@EthanDonegal Hi there 👋 I've popped your post over to our Android section so other Android users can see it. Let's take a look at this for you and first things first - have you checked out our Re: All about: Phone Coverage blog? There are some really good tips and tricks over there along with a list of questions I'll need the answers to in order to get the ball rolling. Check it out and let me know 👌

billbond4
Leader

Possible its a software issue, enable 4G only

and see if that helps.

also take the latest firmware update for your phone

I have done all of this - I'm having same issue when I put sim into my OnePlus 7pro which is dual sim, I happen to have my work sim in there too which is Vodafone - when I try the same actions in the same apps using Vodafone data it works perfectly. Definitely not a software issue.

I am going to try my partners three sim tomorrow in the phone to see if I get same issues.

Yes do that and post back here.
Do you have the same issue if you just enable 3g?

Unfortunately yes, have gone from 5G, LTE, 3G & 2G - same thing

@EthanDonegal I see some great suggestions here from @billbond4 and thanks for trying those! Have you taken a look at the article I linked above? If so let me know the answers to the questions listed in it! Also, how did you get on trying your partner's SIM in your phone? Are they noticing the same things you are with their phone/SIM?

billbond4
Leader

You could try a new sim.
If that's not the issue I would say there is an issue with the mast your connected to.
I know your probably sick of tests, but do you always see the same behaviour no matter where you are?

I was roaming on o2 UK today in Derry - no issue with data

In Donegal / Letterkenny area I do have an issue - head wreck

@EthanDonegal That is very weird. Your data roaming was working but your national roaming wasn't/ isn't working? Let's take a step back, you first mentioned that your data connection would drop while visiting certain websites or using certain apps. I take it this is while you are in Donegal? Both you and @billbond4 have called out some good points, but have you cleared the history on your browser and uninstalled re-installed the apps? Have you ever experienced drops in data connection before? I'd love to keep this on the public forum, but I need the location where the data drops. Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth?