3Community Menu

5G not Working

SOLVED
MV
Investigator
Investigator

5G not Working

Hi,

I have used 5G for several months and it was working quite fine while I was in county Mayo.

Last week I came to Dublin and there is no 5G in my area anymore.

I checked my eircode per your coverage checker and it says I should have 5G.

I have also tried to reboot my phone several times, removing/adding a SIM, - there is only LTE, no 5G.

The Internet speed leaves much to be desired as I cannot even use Zoom with video - it used to work fine in Mayo.

I also contacted your chat last Thursday and I was told that somebody from Three technical team will get in touch with me in a week.

As you can guess, nobody has contacted me.

Can you please help me to sort out this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@billbond4 you're absolutely right, 5G is very location dependent. @MV investigations like this can take up to 10 working days. Have you been back onto Web Messaging to check your local mast or the progress of the investigation? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
billbond4
Leader

5g is very location dependent at the moment while the network is been rolled out.
As your in Dublin there is probably some 5g near you

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@billbond4 you're absolutely right, 5G is very location dependent. @MV investigations like this can take up to 10 working days. Have you been back onto Web Messaging to check your local mast or the progress of the investigation? 

Finally got a reply over Web Chat that 5G is not available at my place:

Appreciate your patience online,
as checked the 5G services are yet not available for the given location.

Our team is working on getting the 5G services available.

It is still not clear why the customer support engineer on the first chat did not check the same.

Another disturbing thing is that the Coverage Checker (https://www.three.ie/coverage-checker/) is not reliable.
At least, your support people know real coverage, and the public coverage checker is misleading at best.

I was told that I will be notified when 5G becomes available at my location. If so, that is good, but I would not hold my breath. In the meantime, I am going to disconnect my 5G option since there is no point in it.

Thanks everyone.