Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can't make or receive calls

Voa
Novice
Novice

Can't make or receive calls

As of Sunday, I appear to be unable to make or receive calls after topping up. Network functions still work from my plan, but no calls are working, even after a restart.
10 REPLIES 10
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Voa Hi there. Oh no, that's not ideal! Tell me, are your text messages sending and receiving ok? This is an unusual one. Is it possible to try your SIM card in another phone? This will tell us if it's the phone or SIM we need to focus on. Let me know 👌

I am able to get and send text messages via SMS with no issue. Will test in another phone as soon as I can find one.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Voa That'd be great, also make sure Do Not Disturb isn't switched on (if you haven't checked this already). Be sure to report back and let us know how it goes 👍

Already checked that and activated/deactivated. I am still looking for a spare mobile to test the sim with. I should also mention that via Whatsapp I can make/receive calls, and that calls to me are preforming as if the number is active, just never registering on the phone as me being run. Outgoing calls never begin dialing and fail after a short time.

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Voa If you're having issues finding a spare phone to test your SIM in then you can pop into one of our stores and the team will be more than happy to test this for you. You can book a store visit over here 👌

Sorry about the extreme delay here, lots of stuff cropped up for be recently. Found a backup phone, swapped Sims, experienced the same issue again

By which I mean; transferred SIM to new phone, tried calling with native dialer, never heard outgoing tone, eventually hangs up.
Go into an app with dialer, n such as WhatsApp or Messenger, can make outgoing voice or video calls without issue
Does this mean the issue is with account or sim itself?
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Voa Possibly. I'd like you to pop over here and order a free SIM replacement. Also, will you try switching off 4G and using 2G or 3G to make some test calls? Let me know how you get on 👍

Tested on 2/3G, same as on 4G. Have ordered a replacement SIM.