Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Error 38

Nick2

Error 38

I recently switched to Three and I cannot send any texts. I can receive them just fine, but when I try to send any it says error 38. I've tried to fix it but it just won't work...

7 REPLIES 7
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Nick2 Hello there and welcome to 3Community. Tell me, has there been any change to your text messages since you posted? If not, did you get a new phone when you switched to 3? Is it possible to test your SIM card in another phone? This will tell us if it's the SIM or the phone that we need to look at. Let me know 👌

Hi, I'm getting this error 38 when I try to send SMS texts now too. It wasn't a problem earlier this year, same phone, same SIM

@Amiio_27 Hi there, this type of error usually comes up when there is no coverage at that time . Have you been successful in sending SMS since you posed? Let me know!

I too am having problems making calls and texting - getting an "Error 38" message. It's happening constantly - so much so that I am seriously considering moving to a different mobile provider. P.S. Hutchinson 3 has an awfully bad website.

@VolfPecks Hello. Let's take a look at this for you, I'd love to help. Tell me, how long has this been happening? Have you tried your SIM in another phone? This will tell us if we need to look at the SIM card or the phone itself? Is there any pattern that you've noticed - certain times of day, certain phone numbers or networks? The more info I have the better so let me know 👍

Seriously ThreeLaur,
I have no intention of swapping my sim into a different phone - chiefly
because I DO NOT HAVE another phone (or maybe you could send one to me!).
I'll be leaving Hutchinson 3 soon on the basis of this inane advice.
Kindly do better.
VulfPecks.

@VolfPecks Good morning, I'm sorry you feel that this is inane advice, it's generally the quickest way to determine where a problem lies and thus helps us to help you. If you don't have a second phone that you can test the SIM in then maybe you could pop into one of our stores where the team there will be happy to test this for you. You can also order a free SIM replacement over here, another good way to find out if the phone or SIM is the instigator. I also asked you some other questions regarding your calls and texts, let me know the answers to those, there may be something there that points to what's causing this for you.