Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

March Samsung S6 update issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

March Samsung S6 update issues

Hi,

I downloaded and installed an update this morning for my Samsung S6, but since doing so I got stuck in a boot loop.

I tried wiping the cache partition, no luck.

I tried booting in safe mode, no luck.

Finally have had to do a factory reset, not great to have to do that,  losing recent messages, photos, etc. Not a good experience for a phone update.

Please can you make sure this is pulled so it doesn't break other phones.

Thanks,

Darren

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Darren,

Thanks for sending this on. I'll certainly pass on your feedback to Samsung on this. Glad to hear you got it fixed in the end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi Darren,

Thanks for sending this on. I'll certainly pass on your feedback to Samsung on this. Glad to hear you got it fixed in the end.

Well... fixed is a little bit of a stretch, having to factory reset the device and losing some recent messages is not something people should have to do - but at least it is working again, but I reckon there will still be things need fixing before I'm back to fully working on it.

Fortunately I did have a fairly recent backup of most things, not everyone will, but certainly this is the first time in many years that my phone (and I've always had Android phones) did this after an update.

Definitely would be good if other people didn't have to do this too.

Thanks,

Darren.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.im trying to schedule a webtext but the keyboard is not opening when I'm prompted to put in Date and time. Can anybody help??

Hi Máire, can you clear your cache and cookies please and let me know how you get on with this? Aoife