Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

SOLVED
kirkd
Novice

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

Hi there

I bought a OnePlus 8T sim free from OnePlus last year. I switched from a company plan with 3 to a personal sim free plan in Jan. Since then people have been telling me that they are calling me, but I cannot see any missed calls from them.  Thats not that Im not receiving calls. I do receive some calls however its worrying the amount of people saying they can get through to me.

There are no missed calls registered on the phone

Im not sure if this is connected to the phone or the network change. I have read the issue might be related to VoLTe and the fact that the OnePlus phones do not officially support this feature. I downloanded a tool to enable VoLTe on the phone but im still missing calls

So i dont know if this is an issue with the network or the phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
CiaranC
Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. I was with the 48 network (that use 3) and changed to 3 thinking it would resolve. I've read on OnePlus forums that the issue is when the phone tries to change from a data network to a voice network when a call is received. There is a workaround if you turn change preferred network type to 2G/3G this resolves but obviously you are on slower data. Seems to be a lot of people having the same issue on OnePlus 8, T and Pro

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@kirkd Hello there, welcome to 3Community 👋 Firstly, VoLTE is something we're working to launch on Three, it's not available just yet. Back to your missed calls, do you notice this in all areas or just one? Is it possible to try your SIM in another phone for a bit to see if this continues? Perhaps ask people to call you randomly to see if the calls connect? Let me know and we'll go from there 👌

Hi @LauraH , thanks, nice to virtually meet you. Tbh im not sure if its related to any specific area. Ive been sitting beside my wife, also on three, with her iPhone calling me and nothing from my phone. Often if i reset the phone, that seems to address it. I will try switch the sim and see how that impacts it.

From reading on the oneplus forum, it seems to impact three cusomters 

@kirkd Very nice to virtually meet you too 🤗 Do let me know how switching the SIM to another phone works out, I'll be very interested to hear 👌

CiaranC
Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. I was with the 48 network (that use 3) and changed to 3 thinking it would resolve. I've read on OnePlus forums that the issue is when the phone tries to change from a data network to a voice network when a call is received. There is a workaround if you turn change preferred network type to 2G/3G this resolves but obviously you are on slower data. Seems to be a lot of people having the same issue on OnePlus 8, T and Pro

@kirkd @LauraH Hi guys, i do have the same issue with my OnePlus 8T. I've tried my sim on another phone and it worked well, no issue with incoming calls.
What should we do to be able to receive incoming calls on the 8T?
Thanks,
Manuel
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@MC77 Hello there. Tell me, have you tried the workaround @CiaranC posted above? If not, give it a go and let us know how you get on 👍

It's a workaround but not really a solution as it means I'm choosing between missed calls or 5g (which I'm paying for). It seems like the issue is with the phone itself as my SIM works fine in other phones and other SIMs (Eir) work in my OnePlus 8 Pro. Whatever the reason there is a compatibility issue between the OnePlus OS and Three with how it handles incoming calls. 

@CiaranC you said it all! Wondering if Three is working on an effective solution @LauraH
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@MC77 @CiaranC Leave this with me and I'll check it out with our Devices team. I'll be back as soon as I have news.