Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

SOLVED
kirkd
Novice

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

Hi there

I bought a OnePlus 8T sim free from OnePlus last year. I switched from a company plan with 3 to a personal sim free plan in Jan. Since then people have been telling me that they are calling me, but I cannot see any missed calls from them.  Thats not that Im not receiving calls. I do receive some calls however its worrying the amount of people saying they can get through to me.

There are no missed calls registered on the phone

Im not sure if this is connected to the phone or the network change. I have read the issue might be related to VoLTe and the fact that the OnePlus phones do not officially support this feature. I downloanded a tool to enable VoLTe on the phone but im still missing calls

So i dont know if this is an issue with the network or the phone

52 REPLIES 52

Hi.

I know that the issue is still not resolved and the known workaround is to disable the 5g. Even though it is not solved yet, I am just sending this to say thanks for helping and working on it with OnePlus.

I am one of a lot of impacted people and it is so frustrating to realize (when it is already too late) that I lost some very important calls.
Resolving this will be good for Three, that won't lose customers and it will have a good case showing that Three truly supports their customers. Also good for OnePlus that is already suffering with a lot of other bugs, at least on the 8T model.

Thanks

Hi Laura,

How close is a solution? I am locked into a 2 years contract and paying for 5G when I cant use it. I also missed loads of important calls for work whilst looking for a solution. I am a very frustrated customer.

Thanks

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Smithers Hi there, our Devices team is continuing to work with OnePlus on this and have been advised that a fix is close so bear with us another bit and as soon as I have solid news I'll let you all know here!

@MC77 @CiaranC @dickcheni @rbf

Any update Laura?

@Smithers I certainly do have news and it's good news! OnePlus have confirmed to our Devices team that a fix has been found and will be rolled out to users ASAP. I don't have an exact timeframe but when I do I'll be sure to pop on here and let you all know.

@MC77 @CiaranC @dickcheni @rbf

Its my weekly check in! Any update? 

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Smithers Hi there, we haven't received timelines on the fix from OnePlus as of yet. I'll keep you in the loop on any updates 💪

I have successfully ported my sim to tesco.

Do Tesco have 5g? If not I dont see the point in porting as the issue only happens when 5g is chosen? no?

Hi, I've been dealing with the same issues of my OnePlus 8 Pro not receiving incoming calls for months now so glad I found this thread. Would appreciate being kept informed of further updates / fixes as it has rendered my phone unusable during that time and I had been considering switching provider. Just to note that 3's customer support phone line reps don't seem aware of the issue as I'd spoken to them previously without information / resolution. Thanks