Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

SOLVED
kirkd
Novice

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

Hi there

I bought a OnePlus 8T sim free from OnePlus last year. I switched from a company plan with 3 to a personal sim free plan in Jan. Since then people have been telling me that they are calling me, but I cannot see any missed calls from them.  Thats not that Im not receiving calls. I do receive some calls however its worrying the amount of people saying they can get through to me.

There are no missed calls registered on the phone

Im not sure if this is connected to the phone or the network change. I have read the issue might be related to VoLTe and the fact that the OnePlus phones do not officially support this feature. I downloanded a tool to enable VoLTe on the phone but im still missing calls

So i dont know if this is an issue with the network or the phone

52 REPLIES 52
soceal
Investigator

Has there been a solution to this? I missed a couple of important calls regarding my children in the last two week which I'm deeply unhappy about. I've been with Three for years but reading forums it doesn't seem to affect other mobile networks so I think I'll just switch to Vodafone as I'm on a sim only monthly contract

@Rowan @soceal Hello there and welcome. At present we're waiting for OnePlus to let us know a date for this fix to be released, once I have that date I'll be posting here to let you all know 👍

Hi all,

We have some good news  💪 : OnePlus have confirmed that the new software for the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and 8T was rolled yesterday.

Can you check your phones for updates and make sure you accept and install? Please let us know how you get on.

@kirkd @soceal @Rowan @Smithers 

Installed and I turned on 5g to test. Will come back with results. 👍

Hi Deborah,

I have installed the update but there's no mention of a fix for missed calls in the Update Log.

Have OnePlus explictly stated that this update will fix the missed calls issues?

Regards,

John

@soceal Thanks for that John. Our devices team mentioned that this update will indeed help. Will you monitor this over the next few days and let us know? 

I am nearly 24 hrs in and no issues to report so far.

No issues for me as well, 5g turned on, incoming calls ringing, seems it's sorted. Thanks everyone!

Have updated and activated my 5g this morning. Tried calling my mobile from a landline a few times and calls seem to be getting through. Will continue to monitor and report back. Appreciate the help and support from the 3 team on this. Hopefully its fully resolved 👍

That is great news. I am not able to test in Ireland for now, as I am out, but glad that others are reporting no issues.
Once I get a chance I will also test.

Thanks