Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

SOLVED
kirkd
Novice

OnePlus 8T not receiving phone calls sometimes

Hi there

I bought a OnePlus 8T sim free from OnePlus last year. I switched from a company plan with 3 to a personal sim free plan in Jan. Since then people have been telling me that they are calling me, but I cannot see any missed calls from them.  Thats not that Im not receiving calls. I do receive some calls however its worrying the amount of people saying they can get through to me.

There are no missed calls registered on the phone

Im not sure if this is connected to the phone or the network change. I have read the issue might be related to VoLTe and the fact that the OnePlus phones do not officially support this feature. I downloanded a tool to enable VoLTe on the phone but im still missing calls

So i dont know if this is an issue with the network or the phone

52 REPLIES 52

Thanks for getting back to me and I delighted to hear the positive news 💪

I am almost 2 weeks in and its still working so far.

I have been missing several calls lately when 5G is in my Preferred Network type. So I'm not sure if this is resolved. 

@CiaranC , when you installed the update were you calls coming through fine on 5G? When did you start to notice that your calls aren't coming trough? 

I have started noticing this more and more with my OnePlus 8T with people saying they could not reach me. First I thought it was just due to poor signal but now I realise after missing some important texts and calls this is not the case. I have my dual sim, both with Three and have my phone updated to latest updates but still having this issue. I have seen OnePlus forums where they have suggested turning off 5G so I have this done now to hopefully fix this issue.

@Darby Be sure to let us know how it goes without 5G being switched on!

So I have 5G turned off the last month and havent noticed any missed calls or text messages not coming through for a few days. So it seems to be fine for now but I would like to know is there more work being done to try and resolve this issue

@Darby Hi there 👋 It's interesting that this is working with 5G turned off. Tell me, did it ever work for you when 5G was on?

Yes it would still work at times when my 5G was on but im unsure for how long or what would reenable it to work again, I dont know if me making outgoing calls would retrigger it to work again or what caused messages and missed calls to come through. I know restarting it would cause my messages to come through again

@Darby Thanks for that! Leave it with me!

@kirkd @soceal @Rowan @Smithers @rbf @MC77 Wondering if any of you have noticed this recurring?