Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Trouble Activating new SIM I've tried to activate my new SIM

SOLVED
dready2fat
Investigator

Trouble Activating new SIM I've tried to activate my new SIM

Hello I have tried several times to activate my replacement SIM and even ordered a new replacement in case it was bad but my number still never reactivates because it says the details are wrong, I tried 7 times yesterday.

Any help? I can confirm my number being reactivated, IMEI, ICCID, name/dob/number if necessary. I was told twice yesterday to just try again. Sorry for brusque just locked out of google.

Kindly appreciated,

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @dready2fat 

Have you tried a SIM replacement over the weekend?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@dready2fat Hi there and welcome to 3Community. You mentioned that the swap is being rejected because your details are wrong. For security, we need these to match what we have on our system. Are you entering your full name, address and date of birth? 

dready2fat
Investigator

Yeah im entering them word for word as they appear on my profile, even the capitalization. Both the replacement and the replacement of the replacement didn't work. 

In line with my profile, I'm reactivating this, asterisk is for privacy

Title
- -
First Name
C*****
Last Name
B*****
Date of Birth
**/**/****
E-Mail Address
C************@gmail.com
Contact number
083 xxx xxxx
Address line1
Addressline 2
Town
County
Eircode/postcode
sorry about my delayed response

@Three_Deborah 

@dready2fat thanks for that info. Have you been onto Messaging or called 1913 recently to update any of your profile details? If so, it can take about 2 days to register on our system. Also , are you selecting if you are Billpay or Prepay ?

I've contact the quick chat support but both times they just told me to do it again with my details correct. I'm using my details as shown on my My3 account profile, I can't connect messaging or 1913 because the phone says mobile network not available. 

This is my second replacement card, I can drop the 1st replacement and 2nd replacements SIM no. and the devices SIM no (currently trying to replace) 
It's Prepay.
Is there no solution to even port my number or anything like that? I tried 5 times in the last 48hrs and each time it's emailed back being unsuccessful.

Aside then I tried again in April 24th ref 09268389 and twice before that

I don't mind having to upgrade etc to regain access. I have a lot of documentation proving the number is mine beyond what's required here.

Hello Three Deborah,

After digging around for a bit I found that in the "My Details" Section and card I used to top ups billing details are different, I might try the billing details and Ill let you know how I get on.

I'll censor* and display the two (case sensitivity)

Billing
cxxxxx bxxxxx
Email:cxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Address:
xxx ,
xxxxxxxxxx,
xxxxxxxxx,
Xxxxxx

"My Details"
Title
- -
First Name
C*****
Last Name
B*****
Date of Birth
**/**/****
E-Mail Address
C************@gmail.com
Contact number
083 xxx xxxx
address line1
addressline 2
addressline 3

Town
County
Eircode/postcode

Thanks for the update @dready2fat 

Have you tried a SIM replacement over the weekend?

Hey there @Three_Deborah ,
It worked thankfully, I'll Accept the solution but first include how I found the correct details incase anyone finds themselves in my scenario.

After My3 Login:

My Details & Preferences
This did not work for me but may work for someone else.
This should be tried first but in case it doesn't work;

Top Up 
From here you find your mobile number in 353 format in
the top right of screen, I copied this for later for sim activation.

>> Manage Top Up Profile
Here it listed the Card Holder Billing details, which were different in format.

Failing the first details, I used these as they appeared including any commas and capitalization.

They were accepted in the SIM activation process. 

Thanks @Three_Deborah Have a great week.
Regards,

@dready2fat I'm delighted it went through for you and I really appreciate you sharing how you did it. Others in your situation will definitely find this useful.

Hope to see you sharing useful tips on 3Community in the future 💪