Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Voicemail Stopped Working

SOLVED
Aoife1108
Investigator

Voicemail Stopped Working

Hi there,

My voicemail has been working fine until recently, when people try to call me, instead of being able to leave a message, they are asked to enter the phone number of the person they are trying to call.

I tried dialing 171 to set it up again, I am asked to enter my phone number and prefix but I am told this number is not listed and then to enter the phone number of who I am trying to leave a message for. I've seen posts that say my voicemail may need to be 'refreshed'.

Please let me know if I need to post this query somewhere else.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Hi Deborah,

I just found that my Sony phone comes with its own Answering Machine so I was able to enable that feature and I can now receive voicemails again.

Cheers,

Aoife

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Aoife1108 Hi there, this is a strange one! Has this ever happened before? Can you try the following?  ##002# to disable your voicemail and then set it back up again with ##21# . Let me know how you get on. 

Oh best to post this under your phone type, either in BillPay or Prepay 👍

Hi Deborah,

I dialed ##002# and it said that 'Call Forwarding erasure was successful'. I then dialed ##21# but it said the same thing. I tried calling Voicemail afterwards but it asked me to enter my number again, and then said the number was not listed.

Aoife

Hi Deborah,

I just found that my Sony phone comes with its own Answering Machine so I was able to enable that feature and I can now receive voicemails again.

Cheers,

Aoife

@Aoife1108 That's great information 💪 I've marked your post as an accepted solution because I think it will help anyone in the same situation. 

SineadC6
Investigator

Can someone please help my voice mail stopped working weeks ago. Any call I missed the caller was asked to input a phone number and press the hash key.

I have been on to customer care and a technician was to call of course no call and with no facility to leave a message I am now on here trying to fix this.

I have inputted the ##002# and ##21# and then dialled voicemail and it says active for all calls. I then tried calling from a different number and I now it just rings out. 

Any help or advise would be most appreciated.

@SineadC6  Hi there 👋 I'm wondering if you've tried what worked for @Aoife1108 ? Does your phone have an Answering Machine option that you can enable? Let me know 😃

Hiya unfortunately I  don't have the same model and no answering machine available.

@SineadC6  Thanks for checking for me 👍 Ok, pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can access your account and take a look at what's been happening 😃

Hiya thanks for your offer to help. PM sent as requested.
Kind regards
Sinéad