Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Voicemail Stopped Working

SOLVED
Aoife1108
Investigator

Voicemail Stopped Working

Hi there,

My voicemail has been working fine until recently, when people try to call me, instead of being able to leave a message, they are asked to enter the phone number of the person they are trying to call.

I tried dialing 171 to set it up again, I am asked to enter my phone number and prefix but I am told this number is not listed and then to enter the phone number of who I am trying to leave a message for. I've seen posts that say my voicemail may need to be 'refreshed'.

Please let me know if I need to post this query somewhere else.

Cheers

17 REPLIES 17

Hi, I need my voicemail to be reactivated please. I asked for it to be deactivated before. There is no option for someone to leave a message now when I decline the call or miss it (when it rings out). I need this to be reactivated so people can leave a voicemail when I decline a call or miss it. Thanks.

@ivan11 Hello there 👋 I'll happily help you out here. I put together a blog recently on this very subject All About: Voicemail . Have a read and let me know if you find what you need 👌

@LauraH 

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried the code on this page for reactivating the voicemail, as well as cancelling and then reactivating again. Nothing has worked unfortunately. The missed calls are just saying "the number you have dialled cannot accept this call. Please try again later" to the other phone user.

@ivan11 Thanks so much for trying those. Let me have a look at your account, pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth to get the ball rolling 👌

Hi, @LauraH 

Could you help activating my voicemail please. Similiar to Sinead...I have tried to disable and activate again with codes but still says "number not listed". Can you help, Thank you.  

@Mo1234 Good morning 👋 let's take a look at this for you. Tell me, what codes have you tried? When someone calls your phone does it keep ringing or do they get a message? Let me know 👌

Hi Laura,

I have tried the the activation code ##21# but still doesn’t activate. When I call 171 it asked for me to put in the number that I would like to leave a message for and then it says that number is not listed.
This is a business phone, all the other phones on the bundle are the same. I think one Samsung might have activated but all iPhones can’t activate their voicemail!
Thanks Laura

@Mo1234 thanks so much for getting back to me. I'd like to look into this further for you and to do that I'll need access to your account. Pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and email address and we'll go from there 👍