Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

WiFi calling or range extending?

SOLVED
lyda

WiFi calling or range extending?

Working from how the one major issue I have is that my mobile reception in my office is very spotty. My understanding is that some providers offer wifi calling for mobiles that support it. I have a Pixel 4 and it does support it.

Is there a timeline for Three to support wifi calling? I've had this number and my account going back to 1999 and I'd really like to stay, but not having phone service in my office is a real deal breaker. If Three is getting it soon I'll stay, but otherwise I'll have to go.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@lyda As promised, I'm back to you with an update. WiFi Calling is something that we're looking at to provide in the future. I don't have specifics yet but keep an eye on our Community where we'll be posting about it once we know more 😀

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@lyda  Hi Kevin 👋 Let me check this out with the relevant team and I'll pop back to you when I have news 👌

@lyda As promised, I'm back to you with an update. WiFi Calling is something that we're looking at to provide in the future. I don't have specifics yet but keep an eye on our Community where we'll be posting about it once we know more 😀

@LauraH thanks for the confirmation that WIFI calling is on the Three Ireland radar. This is a key service to overcome with the challenges where GSM voice is just not possible or stable, but wifi is up and working well.

Please confirm if there has been any progress since your last post in June and if Three Ireland is at least doing testing, with target service launch date your customers can look forward to. 

Your competitors are offering this service and it would be a shame to loose them for what is becoming a fairly common and standard service these days. 

Looking forward to soonest progress and activation of Three Ireland's WIFI calling service.

TIA.

@Lewie Hi there and thanks for posting 👋 Wifi Calling is being worked on at the minute and will be launched sometime in the future. I don't have anything more concrete than that right now so keep an eye out around the Community for updates 😃

Are there any plans to introduce WiFi calling?

@K_Dineen1411 Hi there 👋 I've moved your post over here as you can see that other members asked the same question recently. I'll pop an update on here once I have news 👌

It would be so splendid if 3 considers adding VOLTE, besides WIFI Calling to the service improvements it intends to make in the near future on the network. Eir and Vodafone have both those services enabled on their networks, so 3 should not be the only major mobile network in Ireland yet to enable it.

Come on 3, where is the spirit of "what others can do, 3 can do too and better"?

is there any update on when WIFI calling will be here. I only recently signed up to 3 from EIR and im slowly begining to regret my decision since wifi calling isnt available and im in what seems to be a coverage blackspot! 

@Jamie_Farrell1 Hi there and welcome. At the moment, we're expecting news on this towards the end of this year so be sure to keep an eye on 3Community for this. Regarding your coverage, have you had a look at your Eircode on our Coverage Checker? Let me know 👍