Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not receiving text messages

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not receiving text messages

Lately, my phone won't receive text messages - it sends them alright and my friends receive my messages OK.

I've checked message settings on my phone(LG Optimus) but everything seems normal.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the same number

OK, this is something the sender will need to check with their own provider. We can only see text messages that are sent from our network. If you were sending the texts we could check our system here to see why they're failing. As they're originating from a different provider they will need to have it looked into on their side. A it's just the one number it's either something specific to that number or to their network.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I send texts he gets them ok. When he sends them to me I don't get them. If I am roaming I get texts ok.

Yes, if your sending him texts and they deliver fine then they are delivering fine from the O2 network. It is only his own provider that can check to see why they are not delivering successfully when you are in Ireland. The will be able to check this on their end.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is also happening to me . I was told  it was my SIM card, Got new card then I had no Phone or Texting. 

Returned to shop and was told that there were a faulty lot of SIM cards issues and they didn't know when these would be replaced but if I like to try another shop maybe they would have one.

Went to another shop where a very helpful girl fitted a new SIM card but I still had no text messages coming.

She got on to Limerick as it appeared that it was account that was the problem. After a 45 min conversation and having to ask to speak to a supervisior I was instructed to call 1913  as this was a technical problem.

This was in Dublin.   I first noticed this problem on the 17th July when I did a CHAT LIVE  Ref No: 04305306

Its now 25th July and I still have the problem.

Is this an old 02 account problem as I was told somewhere along the line.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this problem been fixed yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'v had this problem since the 17th July , got 2 new cards, still have the problem.

I was told that it was a tech problem and to phone 1913,  Still waiting.

Attracta Berkery 086 1638494

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not receiving texts from one specific number, a work colleague. He has checked with his phone company and they say that his text are being sent (and he's charged for them) but I don't receive them.

He can receive my texts no problem

Any ideas?