Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

IPhone not working in Italy

Add_00815
Investigator

IPhone not working in Italy

Hello, my iPhone is not picking up any celleular data while in Italy. I have tried to select network manually and reset network settings and nothing is working. Is it possible get this fixed, I really need to use my data while abroad as I rely on it for maps etc.
6 REPLIES 6
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Add_00815 Hi there, I'll do my best to help you. Can you tell me which networks you have connected to? Are your calls and texts working? Do you have a 3G or 4G symbol on your phone?

Have you tried switching off 4G? 

Hello, I have tried everything. Manually connecting. Turning off 4G. I have tried 4 different networks. My boyfriend is with 3 and his phone is not working either.
I have reset the phone and the network settings.

@Add_00815 Thanks for trying. Your profile here is about to rank up, once it does , can you send me a PM with your name, number, address and date of birth?

What would be helpful too are

• the names of the network you have tried
  • what iPhone you have (iPhone 13 right?)
  • if you have ever "roamed" on Three before
  • are you calls/texts working?
  • Did you receive a "welcome text"

You were the one who helped me with the moving over of prepay number to bill pay phone last week.
I’ve realised since this move, my 3 account does not work. I am able to log on but then it’s saying I have no active subscriptions…?

I did not receive a welcome text when I got to Italy on Wednesday - I don’t know if this is something to do with the whole switching over of numbers last week.
I have tried Vodafone, itm, windtre, iliad.

I’m using an iPhone 13.

I can’t send you a PM because I can’t get into my 3 account.

I remember :D, You can send me a PM here on the Community. Click on the "send me a PM" link under my post

@Add_00815 with your permission, can I use the details you sent me at the beginning of the week? With that I can check your roaming profile here and update it. 

You will need to power off your phone and leave it off for 5 minutes. When you power it back on, select the network TIM manually.