Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

2 Years of Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Years of Problems

Hello,

There has been an issue with my 3 Mobile account which is now ongoing for 2 years. Anyone calling my phone gets a message saying that the number cannot be reached. The number must be called up to 10 times before getting through.
I have brought this issue up with 3 mobile over the past two years through email, chat, phone and calling in to the store. However, the issue remains unresolved. This is despite changing phones in the interim, so the problem is not with the handset.

I now have a new issue involving data usage:

Last month I received a text from 3 Mobile saying that I had exceeded my data allowance by more than €2. I then received a text saying that I had used €120 of extra data!!!
At the time I was using a poor WiFi network and suspected that the extra was due to WiFi dropping without me realising it.
Since then I have moved to a different and far more reliable WiFi network. Despite this, I received another text this month saying that I had exceeded my data allowance by more than €2, so I began turning off mobile data entirely when not in WiFi range. However, I have now received a text saying that I have spent almost €200 of extra data.
I have not changed the way I browse the internet and do not watch an excessive amount of video anyway.
I have been religiously turning off mobile data when away from WiFi
It has been confirmed that the WiFi network is functioning correctly.

As with the previous issue, I have brought this up with 3 Mobile by phone and chat, but have received no satisfactory response.

Can anyone please help?
10 REPLIES 10
Three_Lisa
3 Mod Retired

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having ongoing issues with the network! I'd love to check this out for you.

Your issue in receiving calls may be related to a setting on the phone called Do Not Disturb. I realise you've been in touch with us before but have you tried testing your SIM card in another phone to see if the same thing happens when people call you? 

In terms of your data usage, although your behaviours haven't changed in the past few years, the amount of data used to access the same websites has likely increased as, over time, sites are becoming more sophisticated and require more data to view all of the content on each page. I'd recommend leaving your data turned off when you're not using it and also check to make sure that WiFi Assist is also turned off, as this setting allows the phone to use data where WiFi speeds are slower. Also, you can try out our MY3 app to keep an eye on your data allowance so as to avoid getting these spend alert messages.

I'd like to take a look at your account to understand what's been happening for you. Can you send me a PM with your name, number, address, DOB?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa, 

I have never used the 'Do Not Disturb' feature, and it is always turned off, so this is not the problem. I have used the SIM in other phones, so this is not the issue either. I have spent two years trying every solution offered by 3. It is time for this to be sorted out once and for all. 

I have not had a functioning phone number for 2 years now, during which time I have changed actual phones after an upgrade. I think that it is time to switch networks as it is affecting my work, family and social. 

I have paid over €1,000 during this period, not including additional data charges, all while not being able to properly receive calls. Could you please tell me what financial offering will be made to compensate for 2 years off poor service and frustration? If a satisfactory offer is not made I will have to consider taking the issue to the Small Claims Court. 

Hi Lambkin1066

I'd like to check your account to understand what was done for you here as being unable to receive calls for the length of time you're reporting here is much longer than it takes to resolve an issue relating to calls.

If you send me a PM (using the link below) with your number, name, address and date of birth, we can take it from there.

Lisa

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for coming back to me. I will send you a PM now with the details,
but I would like to keep the actual discussion here and not in PMs.
Frankly, I have spent two years in private discussions about this,
including calling into 3 stores, email, boards and chat. I think that a
little public exposure to the issue might get things done.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa, 

Thanks for coming back to me. I will send you a PM now with the details, but I would like to keep the actual discussion here and not in PMs. Frankly, I have spent two years in private discussions about this, including calling into 3 stores, email, boards and chat. I think that a little public exposure to the issue might get things done. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PM sent with requested details, but please keep the discussion here. 

I have posted this issue elsewhere as I would like to get a good range of suggestions: 

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108372871#post108372871

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057920740

Thanks for sending on your details, much appreciated. Can I just confirm with you, when you used your SIM in other phones did the difficulties replicate when your SIM was in other phones? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I got a new phone with an upgrade earlier this year and the problem did not change.

Also, please do not use personal information provided by PM here on a public forum. You used my first name above, please edit your post to remove.

Apologies for this Lambkin1066! The last post has been updated accordingly. I've checked this out for you and can confirm that we won't be able to offer you compensation as a result of the ongoing issue. Since reporting issues with signal in late 2016, we suggested steps to  take that may resolve the issue and did not hear back from you on the outcome of these steps so were unable to proceed further with your query. If you'd like for me to continue to help you with this, can you let me know as the next step would be to ask our technical team to investigate.