Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Amazon offers & charges

markf2006
Investigator

Amazon offers & charges

Hi

Signed up to the kindle unlimited and prime video awhile ago.  Cancelled them again through the my3 portal about a month later.

I checked my bill today which is the first month after the 3 free months expired and i have been charged nearly an extra 15e for these even though i cancelled  ages ago.

If i log onto the 3 portal they are showing as request cancelled and no other options appear?

Can someone check this out for me please

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@markf2006 Hi there, I'm happy to check this out for you. When looking at your bill do you see the dates you were charged for? If so, are these dates before or after you cancelled the add on? Let me know and we'll take it from there.

Hi Laur

the date appears on the bill as

prime video 07/06 to 06/07 and

kindle unlimited 29/06 to 28/07

i signed up for both in march and cancelled both prob start of may sometime. 

on my services it has status request_cancel on both

thank you

@markf2006 Ok, pop me a PM with your details so I can check this on my side. It sounds like the cancellation request may have not gone through fully. I'll need your phone number, full name, address and date of birth.

Mfg
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Markf2006,

I have the same issue and it’s been going on for four months now! I canceled the add on before the end of the three months trial and in the app under add on it says request canceled. But if I go to Amazon prime my account is still active, and I can not access my settings as they are controlled by “ my mobile provider “. Amazon has told me the account is still active, three tell me it is not and round and round it goes. This is most enjoying.

@Mfg Hi there, sorry to hear about this. As you can see we've had a couple of 3Community members mention something similar but they have been refunded for any cost ( for amazon video) past the point of cancellation. Has customer care opened an investigation for you? Have you been refunded the cost? 

Hi Deborah,

I have called and messaged and no help so far, I just want the add on canceled so I can get. Ack control of my prime video settings

Understand @Mfg , will you send me a PM with your full name, number, address and date of birth please? And I'll see if it's similar to other reports on 3Community.

I'll do my best for you, but I can't promise it will be sorted today though. 

@Mfg that's for the details in PM and I've checked your account and can confirm that the amazon subscription is indeed cancelled and you are not being charged for this. I've also looked at the investigation that was opened for you and have requested an update because as you said, this is going round and round for you. 

The more info I have the better, so tell me, what Amazon Prime features can you access? I have Amazon Prime ,and to be honest I rarely go into the settings. Are you being billed by Amazon for Amazon Prime? 

Can you send me a screenshot of the error you are getting?