Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

An Upgrade or Not?

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

An Upgrade or Not?

Thanks to the Moderators for their helpfullness in approving an upgrade in another thread.

Regrettably, this 'upgrade' means that, to upgrade and keep my current monthly plan, I must increase my monthly payment to nearly 218% of my present monthly payment - for no extra benefit per month. No charge for the new phone.

Or change to another plan, with extra benefits that I don't want, pay a charge for the phone and increase my monthly payment to 174% of my present monthly payment.

What purpose this strange 'more for less' policy?

My present plan is a former O2 based plan. The alternative plan mentioned above is a 3 plan.

It might well seem from this strange practice that former O2 customers are no longer welcome on the 3 network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

This is a very strange thing! Can you tell me the type of phone you are interested in and what price plan is coming up?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

This is a very strange thing! Can you tell me the type of phone you are interested in and what price plan is coming up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.
The same pattern occurred for all the 6 phones I tried. The phone I’m most interested in is iPhone SE 128GB.
My present plan is Three My Pick 300, which costs me €23.06 per month (including the 2GB data).
To upgrade and keep my present plan would cost me €50.06 per month with this phone free.
If I changed to Three Open 700 Extra plan (a better plan but I don’t need the extra benefits), the monthly cost would be €40 and the phone would cost €210.
Very strange practice indeed. Perhaps to phase out former O2 plans and customers.
Obviously, to upgrade and get a good deal, I’ll have to leave 3 when the contract is finished.

Thanks a million for the explanation, to avoid confusion I'm going to get back to you on the other thread 👌

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved - thanks to the very helpful Moderators.