3Community Menu

Being charged in eu Spain for local Spanish call

Helen
Investigator

Being charged in eu Spain for local Spanish call

4 REPLIES 4
Helen
Investigator

I am in Spain medical reasons and rang a few local numbers three are tells Ng me I needed add 0034 otherwise it's an international call ! How is this possible as I have roam like home !! EU to EU should be free ..I have fought all week get these refunded totalling over 100 euro ....this is all since Brexit ....I'm Irish ,!!

@Helen Hi there, sorry to hear that you had to travel for medical reasons and it's been a while since we've had a roaming query on 3Community. 

Our Prepay plans do not have EU roaming calls included in the allowance, they do however have an EU roaming allowance. So calls made to an EU number while roaming are charged at your "at home" rate of 38cent per minute. Your "at home" rate refers to the cost per minute when these calls are not included in your allowance or active plan. 

Our latest Billpay plans have an allowance for EU minutes included in the plan, once you go over this allowance you'll be charged at your standard "at home" rate. It all depends on your plan as to how many minutes you have.

Here are our latest price guides, click on the links 👇 

BillPay 

Prepay 

You can view your EU allowance on your My3 dashboard. Can you see that you have EU minutes included in your plan?

@Helen, thanks a million for your PM. The plan you are on has inclusive calls/text units for the Republic of Ireland and EU. Your calls to a Spanish landline number should be deducted from these units. As discussed you had the allowance. 

From what I see, your charges reflect calls that would be classed as calling outside the EU. This is strange indeed, as you should be able to call a landline or mobile with or without the prefix. I've taken this information to the roaming team , who are investigating this as I'm typing.

If you or anyone reading this post, are travelling within the EU, please ensure you are using that countries code.

Spain = 0034 or +34

Thanks I hope I get fully refunded now