Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Buy Phone as Gift for Billpay Customer

maurd
Novice

Buy Phone as Gift for Billpay Customer

Hi, how can I buy 'just a phone' online for my wife who is on a billpay contract. It is a surprise xmas gift so don't want to interfere with her contract / upgrade / plans etc. at this stage. Obviously I can't buy a billpay phone .... will a prepay suffice and work with her billpay sim? Getting to 3Store is not possible at the moment. thanks in advance, m.xmas

3 REPLIES 3
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@maurd Hello there and Merry Christmas to you too 🎅 You can indeed purchase a Prepay phone and your wife then pops in her SIM card (make sure her current SIM will fit the phone you choose or pick up a SIM replacement if it won't). If she has insurance on her account at the moment she'll need to update that, otherwise, she'll be good to go 👍

Thanks Laura, just to note I was not able to proceed with the purchase when logged in to MyThree as the system recognised that I we was on a contract (Business Plan) and advised contact 1913.I then tried while logged out, but at checkout I repeatedly encountered an error message. The system must have detected the name was already associated to a contract account! Only got order through changing the name / providing just the first Capital. All the more challenging as it was intended as a gift. Happy Christmas

@maurd Thanks so much for letting me know and I'm delighted you placed the order successfully. Have a lovely Christmas 🎅