cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Failed

Navigator

Call Failed

Over past few weeks I notice often when I attempt to make a call I get "call failed" before a connection is even made. I have full signal in most cases. Yesterday I attempted to call my husband, daughter & son on mobiles and then my landline and it took about 10 attempts before I had any success. I also notice that calls are repeatedly dropping mid conversation. Can anyone advise me? I poet down my phone (IPhone 6) every night so a restart is clearly not of any help.
11 REPLIES
Navigator

Re: Call Failed

***power down (typos😳)
Highlighted
3 Staff

Hi Sinsamd3r, how long have you been using the SIM for in the phone? This sounds to me like a faulty SIM. Have you tested the SIM in another phone to rule this out? Can you also tell me if this is happening in one area or multiple areas? 

Navigator

Hi
It is happening in multiple areas. I have had the sim a few years and have not tried it it another phone as I don't have one to try it in.
Navigator

Hi
It is happening in multiple areas. I have had the sim a few years and have not tried it it another phone as I don't have one to try it in.
Chatty lvl2

As this is happening in many areas this may be an issue with the SIM. You can pick up a replacement SIM in any Three store. You can activate a replacement SIM at the link here: http://bit.ly/1nCuJ6T. If you are still experiencing this afterwards, just come back to us here.

Navigator

Hi there, I have replaced my SIM several days ago and still having issues. My phone is 50% of time useless. My local 3 agent told me there are issues with the network- phone shows full/strong signal yet there is none .....I'm not the only person with similiar issues. Calls and 3G not working a lot of the time when outdoors and then bulk texts emails coming at once. I do not see it fair that I pay a monthly bill for a limited service so would like some sort of reduced rate until this is resolved. I cannot trust Three-the other day my son needed picked up and as his calls or texts would not connect he was left stranded in town for over an hour. Not Good Enough. If there are issues with the network please inform the users! I can assure you I will be moving networks in January as soon as my contract is out.
Chatty lvl2

Hi @Sinsamd3r, can you PM your details and I'll look into this further for you?

Navigator

I am having this issue also. It's obviously a 3 Network problem.

Why do you make it so hard to contact support? There's no email address listed on the site and the the chat page doesn't work at all.

Fix this problem or I'm porting off the network in the next week or two.

Guru

Hi @james86 👋 I'd like to take a closer look at this for you. Can you pop me a PM with your mobile number, address and date of birth along with your own full name and we'll see what's going on? Ashlee