Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cannot port number from Prepay to Billpay

thatcjguy

Cannot port number from Prepay to Billpay

Hello,

I was recently speaking with Neeta from customer care to order a new bill pay phone. Before buying my new phone, I asked multiple times if I could keep my exisiting phone number and was told yes and sent this link: https://www.three.ie/keep-your-number/
She told me as soon as I get the phone, go to the link to port my old number. The phone arrived and I tried porting my number and got an error.

I then contacted customer care again and this time was speaking with Trinkel. Trinkel explained to me that I needed to upgrade from Prepay to Billpay on the website in order to keep my number and that there was nothing to be done except send back the phone and go through that process.

I'm more upset that I was led to believe that I would be able to keep my old phone number, because now I have to contact my mortgage lender, ISP, Gas and electricity, etc. to let them know I have a new number. Here are the transcripts as proof I was led to believe I could keep my old number.

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.jpg06.png07.png

2 REPLIES 2
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@thatcjguy  I know myself, that it is very inconvenient to contact all the businesses that have your original number, so are you considering sending the new phone back under the 14-day cooling-off period?

Moving from Three Prepay to Billpay is an upgrade and this is the way to keep your Three number. Porting is moving from one network to the other, and you'll still be able to keep your number too.  Thanks for your feedback here and I'll reach out to our messaging team for the full transcript. 

In saying that, we do get attached to our numbers and I'd like to help you. Pop me a PM with your full name, original and "new" number, along with your address and date of birth.

@thatcjguy I see your PM, I'll get back to you there as I need your personal details to access your account. Thanks 👌