Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Changing Phone Number!

SarahLou

Changing Phone Number!

I have been trying to change my mobile number since mid June 2020.
It is now august and i literally feel like i am just going in circles. I am a bill pay customer since January 2020. Never seen such slow service in my life to get this sorted...
10 REPLIES 10
Three_Danni
3 Mod Retired

Hi Sarah, can you send me a PM with your mobile number, address and date of birth? 

Hi

I am looking for some assistance in how to change my number with shops not open at the moment.

Regards
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@GMF1 Our stores are open for emergencies at the moment, you can book a visit over here . However, I can help you with changing your number. Pop me a PM with your current  phone number, full name, address and date of birth to get the ball rolling 👌

Add_09228
Novice

My mother is having a similar issue with her bill pay account. It’s disgraceful seeing an elderly woman paying over €100 a month for two different accounts and only having access to one,  when all she needs is to change her old number in to her new account. I am seriously considering legal action. It’s been awful. 

@Add_09228 Hi there, are both accounts listed under your name or your mother's? Is either of the accounts currently in contract? Can I get more information as to how the two accounts were set-up? 

Both accounts are under my mothers name Annie Lavelle.

Speaking for myself and on behalf of her children, we usually sort these
types of things out for her but she recently tried to upgrade her phone
herself but instead managed to get a new number. Both numbers are under the
same account. I believe she has been back and forth through the message
section on the three app??

All she wants to do is have her old number connected to the new billing
account and this whole process is causing a lot of stress to a 73 year old
woman, who has been a loyal customer for many many years.

We had not realised until the first bill came through that she had been
charged for two accounts. Removing her old number is not an option as she
has work and personal commitments attached to it.

I’m hoping we can resolve this sooner rather than later.

Kindest regards,
Anne Frances Lavelle O’Hara

@Add_09228 Thanks for the details, Anne. As both numbers are on the same account & one of the numbers is currently in a contract it's not possible to move the number over. On what date did your mother place the upgrade? 

She is probably into her 4th month now. Would it be possible to permanently divert calls and texts from the new number to her previous number?

@Add_09228 It is possible to divert the calls from the new number to the older number she's using. Has she been giving the new number to people to call? If not, then she can put her old SIM in the new phone & work away using it. If you think a divert is required I would advise getting her to call our CARE team on freephone 1913 to get it put in place.