Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Customer Services (online)

lowelife1977
Investigator

Customer Services (online)

My contract was finished on Saturday so I got onto the CS online to discuss my options.

I didn't need a new phone just a improved deal on my 45e P/M contract.

So, went through the options with the online CS, and final offer was almost what I was looking for....until this....

(copied and pasted from the chat I had saved, names changed unless Three needs to know more)

3CS: 48 doesn't have a good coverage, many customer are returning back to Three, however you won't get the same discount if you come back. Hence at the moment this is the best deal as per me for you.
9:47, Oct 16
You: But isnt 48 ran and owned by Three? (or powered by at least, MVNO)
9:48, Oct 16
3CS: They only use our network in some locations,
9:50, Oct 16
You: And who do they use elsewhere?
9:50, Oct 16
3CS: Else where they use their own network which isn't good hence they are offering you deal at cheapest rate but here you're getting quality and value for your money.

Well that's just nuts, it nearly made me totally lose it since I work in the rollout of mobile networks in Ireland.

And almost lost my custom as well. (I just can't stand lying especially to get a sale!)

So Three, can you clue up your CS a bit more and stop them lying!

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@lowelife1977 thanks for flagging this to us and I'm very sorry that you were advised of the above. I assure you that 48 is a "child" company of Three and it does use a portion of of networks bandwidth. Although, I'm not sure which part of the spectrum! 

I get your frustration, and thank you for giving Three a second chance. We value feedback and the opinion of all our customers. This will be sent to the relevant team leader/manager for review and training purposes. Can you pop me a PM with your full name, number, address and date of birth? The reason I need that is to match up with messaging and your account 👍

Thanks Deborah for the follow up, the details you have asked for will be forwarded after this.

Its nice to know that the complaint is heard and hopefully rectified for others, lies shouldn't be the selling point of any company.

@lowelife1977 I have all the details I need in PM now. Thank you