Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

Scottyboy
Investigator

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

I ported to 3 bill pay yesterday and now do not receive any of the critical texts from banks and Apple that allow me use my cards online. Have raised a ticket and tried to escalate but have been told 3-5 days is the time it would take before it can be prioritised.

I can prioritise my cancellation after 20 hours with three if this is how you deal with service issues. Just to be clear, I cannot use any of my bank services as I have 2 factor authentication setup on them all and I am not receiving any texts from automated services for some reason.

I plan to go back to the three store to hand back your phone and cancel if this is not dealt with sooner than late this week. Awful start to your service.
40 REPLIES 40
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Scottyboy Hi there and welcome to 3Community. That's not what we like to hear ☹️ I'm glad to hear that our tech team are already looking into this for you. I'll happily take a look at the investigation to see how things are progressing. Pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can access your account and the investigation 👍

PM sent

Hello, I have the same problem. Recently moved from other network. Was also given 3-5 working days but I cannot activate my iMessage or get text from bank etc. This is a major issue.

Prepare yourself for the wait! Plus pointless reasons why they can’t fix sooner including that they cannot escalate tickets until day 5.

I think someone at 3 has not realised that 2fa changes this year makes messaging a critical service. If you can leave, do! I couldn’t as I had moved instore but if you moved online then you have 14 day cooling off.
Kg3
Investigator
Investigator

Hi , I’m having the same issue I’ve been trying to resolve for over a month and they keep pushing it out . Did they resolve your issue ?

It was solved after 5-6 days but no explanation given to why or how it was
resolved.

Raised a complaint but this was handled incredibly slowly and their
response was more, well it is fixed now!

I’ve been having the same problem, except it was fixed for a week and a half before starting again. And I was told 3-5 days for a resolution and then when I complained it’s been 5 days, I was told first it’s taking longer than usual AND THEN I was told it’s actually 3-5 business days. I am very upset because I am also new to Three. But it’s past the 14 days cooling off period.

@AdmiralHip Hi there I'm sorry to hear that this is a cause of upset for you and see that you've contacted our Twitter team too about this. From what you are saying in your posts, this has been logged with our tech team and you're waiting on a resolution. Did you log this investigation with @ThreeCare ? Have you been on to the re: the latest updated regarding your SCAs? 

I've noticed that you've posted in both the Billpay and Prepay boards, do you have two accounts? Is this happening on your Billpay and Prepay phones? 

Sorry, I didn’t see they were in separate boards. I only have the Billpay account. And I can’t say I am very happy with how my switch to Three has gone. It’s been nothing but problems. I logged this with ThreeCare on Twitter but they can’t tell me anything more while the tech team investigate. It’s been a week since the problems started, although it is the second time it happened. This happened at the end of August and was fixed, but only for a week and a half. My suggestion that it’s a problem with the Short Codes (since that seems to be why others have had this problem with other mobile providers) was brushed off.