Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

Scottyboy
Investigator

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

I ported to 3 bill pay yesterday and now do not receive any of the critical texts from banks and Apple that allow me use my cards online. Have raised a ticket and tried to escalate but have been told 3-5 days is the time it would take before it can be prioritised.

I can prioritise my cancellation after 20 hours with three if this is how you deal with service issues. Just to be clear, I cannot use any of my bank services as I have 2 factor authentication setup on them all and I am not receiving any texts from automated services for some reason.

I plan to go back to the three store to hand back your phone and cancel if this is not dealt with sooner than late this week. Awful start to your service.
40 REPLIES 40

@AdmiralHip I understand your frustration and especially since SCA's are now, thankfully, common place for that extra layer of security. For us here on 3Community any bit of information helps including the short codes. Our motto is " leave no stone unturned" - Well it's one of mottos 😊

So this is what I can do for you:

1. Reach out to the relevant team and ask about your current investigation
  2. Check other similar cases on  3Community

While I won't be able to "take over" the investigation, I can certainly keep an eye on it for you and keep you in the loop here 👍

Will you send me a PM with your name, address and date of birth? Oh and your phone number too.

@AdmiralHip

Thanks for the details in PM.

Do you have the short code you mentioned ( please send in PM too) and are you in a position to try your SIM in another phone preferably not the same make or model, to check if the SCAs work? 

Are you able to receive other authentication codes, and or short codes ? 

As mentioned earlier, leave no stone unturned !

I don't have the short codes. They're protected by those who sent them. I have not been able to receive any SCA texts or authentication codes by text. I don't have another phone that is unlocked that I can use this SIM in, at least not for another two weeks while I try and get an old phone unlocked. 

Thank you @AdmiralHip. Would you mind telling me the name of your bank and the type of phone you have? 

I have an iPhone 11. The banks are BOI and TD Canada Trust. I also did not receive SCA from PayPal, FreeNow, or the Government of Canada.

@AdmiralHip appreciate that. I've asked that this info is added to the current investigation. These verification texts are more usual when you use a different device that isn't recognised. When I use my phone, I'm directed to whichever banking app I'm using to confirm payment. But last week I used my new tablet for a bit of online shopping and received a verification text.

@Kg3 I see you're talking with @LauraH in PM. Do you have a new phone too? By any chance do you have your old phone and recently tried a transaction that requires a verification code/text? 

Bank of Ireland has only now started to verify purchases with the app. Until a few days ago it was via text. The other bank (TD) requires a text to sign onto their website and app.

I got a new phone at the start of this year but I had the same issue with my old phone . It has only become a real problem now as everything is verified by text now as mentioned in this message thread.

Thanks a million for sharing this publicly and I do understand the importance of being able to get these verification codes. 

@Tess and @I_just_want_support 

Can both of you confirm:

1. What sort of phone you are using
  2. What OS you have 
  3. When you started to notice this
  4. Examples ( name of bank, name of App)

@PaulF and @Scottyboy are you able to receive SCA texts now? Please let me know.

@AdmiralHip and @Kg3 I'm taking this seriously and gathering examples. As with any business , the more examples I have the better.

I'm just wondering, has anyone done a factory reset? Please be careful with this type of reset and make sure that all your files etc are backed up.

I have given multiple examples as I’m trying to resolve this for months now . I was in contact with another customer service representative before she said you tagged me in these posts . Please get the most recent example of her. This is getting ridiculous, you’re asking me the exact same questions I answered multiple times . Yes I have done a factory reset at least 3 times as this was suggested to me every time. It didn’t work.