Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Handset upgrade on Business Account

Pat4

Handset upgrade on Business Account

We've been business account holders for about 4 years. My current handset has been on the way out for a few weeks and so have been trying to get an upgrade from Three. First the company MD registered on the website to check and it wouldn't give her a status update. She then had to ring a call centre, which she did, for over a hour and was passed around a few different people without any luck. She then went into a Three store who told her they couldn't help her because it was a business account. She then left to go on an overseas business trip.
Today the handset died completely so I tried to pick up where she had left off. I registered on the website also and could log in an see all of the account details, bills etc. I then went to my local Three store, confirmed my identity, looked in my account, did some sort of calculation to say I couldn't get an upgrade for two months because the spend wasn't high enough, despite not having got an upgrade previously and offering to pay the difference up front.
Anyway they said contact customer care and they would help. Haha...
I did and the chat bot in India wouldn't speak to me because apparently I wasn’t "authorised". A full 45 minutes back and forth, trying to convince them that I was authorised. Wouldn’t allow me to send a screenshot or wouldn’t call the store I’d just been in. Said they couldn't do anything unless the MD opened up a parallel chat to prove I was authorised. 

Now I'm stuck without a working phone in the middle of a busy working week and no chance of even processing a replacement until the MD returns next week.

Exactly what is the point in a Three Business Account is it can't help in situations like this?

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Keith
3 Mod Retired

Hi Pat ðŸ‘‹ I'd love to help you out here. Could you click on my name and send me a PM with your number, business name, and address, please? 

LouiseLS
Investigator

Having the exact same issues on a business account!

Calls hung up on, complaint emails unanswered.

Could not upgrade our handset in store last week as the stock was 'reserved for new customers'. No loyalty to business paying a fortune each year on bills. More concerned about someone with a potential spend of €40/€50 a month.

Its very frustrating! 

@LouiseLS Hi Louise, I'd like to do the best I can for you here. I've seen your other post over here too. Can you tell me the email address you sent your complaints too, plus the dates? There is normally a 3-working day turnaround regarding replies, it's highly unusual that you haven't received one. Can you also tell me the phone you are interested in? By the way, do you happen to have an account manager in Three? 

Hi,

My last email was sent to businessonline@three.ie

We were under the impression Sean was our account manager. If this has changed, we have not been notified.

My email was sent on Friday 7th February and my previous email was sent 9th December (well past a 3 day turnaround). Neither acknowledged or replied to.

We are looking to add a new number onto our contract and get an iphone 11 or preferably a pro max which is the phone that was in stock in the store on Friday that would not be sold to us. 

@LouiseLS  Thanks a million for the info. Our complaints team aren't available at weekends, I should have said a 3 working day turnaround. My apologies. Have you checked your junk mail? Can you send me a PM with your account details? Number, business name, address and your pin? And we'll go from there.