Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

Issue with overcharging

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with overcharging

I had a query with my August-September bill which had left me extremely disappointed with Three. I have both mobile and broadband with Three. I'm not a heavy user of either but recently my Broadband bill went crazy. The first day of my new billing period I allegedly used 1 GB of data. Considering I only have 15 for the month this is not good. Being unaware of this issue by mid month I had used up all my data and from then suffered major rates. As I said I don't use much broadband. I'd never di any streaming, download a movie or music or anything big. I browse a little and thats all. I queried my issue with Three who after a no. of conversations agreed to have their Tech team take a look at my bill with the promise of a call back with the results. 3 or 4 days later I had heard nothing so I called them to be told it could take 5 working days. Eventually today I got a call not about the issue but telling me if I didn't pay my bill I would get cut off. I raised my issue again to initially be told it was still under investigation but pay your bill and then when I debated paying the bill while investigation was ongoing I was then told the investigation found nothing to be wrong with my bill. No explanation / breakdown could be given as to how I hiked up such a bill. It's crazy and disgraceful. Again I wish to add there's no way I racked up that much data usage in one month. In addition the Three rep told me I got a text from Three on 13/10 but I never got a text .. surely they should know this. Later I paid €100 off my bill which still doesn't put me in the clear so I'll probably still get cut off. I'm with o2 and Three for approx 10 years .. this means nothing though.
From
One very unhappy customer who will take this issue to Consumer Rights and anywhere else I can.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, does anyone else use your broadband as well?

Is it a router or a modem, and do you have a password to access your WiFi? 

Did anything change at home, like a new laptop or a tablet perhaps? 

What we need to do is figure out how that data was used up, so we can help you to stay within the allowance, or help you up the allowance if you need more data on a monthly basis. Do you know how much you've used so far this month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband uses it but again he uses it for sending Web texts and no more than myself a little browsing but nothing major. We both live busy lives so really don't have time for using the Internet much. No new gadgets have been purchased in the past 5 years and there is a password on it. It's one of those Huawei boxes with a sim card. Yes I've checked how much data has been used we're well within our package at this stage. Its worth noting we have not used it any different this month to any month.

If you can send me a PM with the broadband number, your full name, address and date of birth, I'll take a closer look into this and see if we can figure out what happened. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I have an ongoing issue with my August / September bill.  I was overcharged on my Data and I know it was incorrect.

I have been fobbed off a few times.

My last contact was when Three requested info. on 31/10/17 as to what dates I had an issue with on my bill.  I supplied that information on 1/11/17 and received a reply on 2/11/17 confirming receipt.

Copy of my reply on 1/11/17:

Dates are as follows:
9/8 as no one was home all day which means no phone/laptop turned on in the house therefore no data used.

11/8, 17/8, 26/8, 27/8, 31/8 - data usage way too high for what we use it for. It makes no sense. As I said before, we don't stream, download, watch movies, our updates don't happen automatically .. nothing that accounts for high usage.

4/9, 5/9, 6/9 I'm fairly sure we had an issue here where we had no network.

Appreciate if you could look into this further. I'm not going away on this. I have discussed the issue with a colleague whose had a lot of experience in this area. It might not seem like a big deal to Three but it is to me.

I would appreciate an update on this.  It can't take that long to check through a bill. 

As I said I am more than happy to bring this issue further if I don't hear from Three soon.

Regards,

Stella

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stella,

I can see we logged this with our billing team for re-calculation. They have come back with their findings. If you PM your number I can give you the full report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Again,

I have since heard back from your Tech people that my charges are warranted and that I have not been overcharged .. no paperwork to justify or explain same has been supplied.  I am not extremely unhappy with this as I know that the charges are completely wrong. I informed your Rep that I would be taking it further and was then informed by your Rep that I must make an official complaint first.  I thought that I had already done that but it seems all my messages here / private messages are not actually "a complaint" so officially I complained last week.  I have since been in contact ComReg who are more than willing to take on my issue but they require a "complaint reference number" for my complaint.  I would appreciate if you could supply me with same.

Thanking you.

Stella

Hi @Anonymous, I have just gotten back to your PM about this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still find myself unimpressed with your dealings with the issue of overcharing on my broadband account.  I have done everything I am supposed to do. I officially logged my complaint and received a vague reply privately but in the reply I am told that if I require paperwork to back up my complaint Three will supply same.  I replied to Three that yes I require paperwork as it will make it easier when bringing my complaint to the Third Party.  I still await this paperwork.  I have now decided to cancel my broadband with Three as I don't want to get stung again with unwarranted / untrue data usage charges.  I would prefer to pay more to another carrier than take a chance again.

I am still in contract with my phone but will reconsider my contract with that when my contract is up.

Thanking you

Stella

Hi Stella, I'm very sorry to hear this. If there is anything that I can help with here please let me know.