Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

New contract upgrade

Theworst

New contract upgrade

I ordered an upgrade online. I did not appear to have an option to use my existing plan so I upgraded the plan. The phone arrived yesterday. I logged into my3 to see if I could set up a family plan and add my son as I'm giving him my old phone. There were two numbers on the plan. I spoke To two customer service agents on the chat and they would not answer my questions and cut me off. A huge waste of my time. The new contract I received via email says nothing about a new number. I want to keep my old number. I upgraded my plan I did not order a new number and plan. I refuse to pay two bills to keep my old number. The customer service agents said I must return the old phone at my own expense and three will refund me. I cannot trust that this will happen. I am not going to a shop due to the pandemic. I ordered an upgrade and a new phone as part of the upgrade precisely for this reason. Can someone answer my query and resolve this.
1 REPLY 1
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Theworst Good morning, let's take a look at this for you. Tell me, when you initially placed the order were you logged into My3 and following the upgrade journey from there or did you go straight to the online shop? The reason I ask is, the journey must be followed through My3 for the order to count as an upgrade rather than a new connection. Talk me through the steps you took. Regarding the order that you've received, it's best to return this to our warehouse where it can be assessed and then the new connection will be cancelled down once all is well with the phone. Pop us a PM with a photo of your receipt from the post office when you get it and we'll look after it for you 👍