Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

No signal

Woodsk4
Novice

No signal

I changed from eir to three last Tuesday. Their coverage map showed good 3g signal for my area. What a mistake. I have absolutely no phone signal at my house or workplace. A network search shows air and Vodafone, not three so I'm not too hopeful. I used webchat to report it and the agent, while as helpful as he could be, had to pass on the issue further. It will take up to 7 days to get a response. So I have no phone for the next week. I am going to use the cooling off period to cancel the contract now and go back to eir or gomo.
4 REPLIES 4
Three_Keith
3 Mod Retired

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your experience thus far and I'd love to turn it around for you. Can you click on my name and pop me a PM with your home and work addresses? I'd like to check out the areas to see why you are getting no signal.

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Woodsk4 Thanks for the info in PM, and I've checked the coverage around your home address. I fully appreciate the points made in your original post and because there is very little signal in your area, I understand it if you need to move network, although I'd hate to see you go 🙁 I've linked in with our networks team too and there are no immediate plans to update the masts or add masts in your area. 

Is there a booster available that would improve the signal strength?

@Woodsk4 At Three we supply internal Wi-Fi extenders Home Mesh which are ideal for boosting signal throughout your home. However, what you're looking for is something external, which we don't have. There are some 3rd parties who supply these, and you'd need to do some research to find the right one that suits you and your area.