Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not allowed upgrade?

nkeeley100
Novice

Not allowed upgrade?

So I’m due an upgrade on October 12th, next week. I was just looking at phones and plans to decide on, not prompting to buy of course because that option isn’t available until the day, but I was just looking. However, tonight I was looking and instead of the usual “you’re not eligible for an upgrade now. However, you can upgrade on October 12th 2021” it says “you’re not allowed to purchase a new subscription” surely this may just mean the same as the other message because it’s not upgrade time yet but worded differently, or maybe I’m punished for something? Any help would be appreciated on this.
TIA
3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@nkeeley100 I'll do my best to help you 🙂 Can you tell me if this came up when you were looking at adding a new number/phone rather than going through an upgrade option? 

Hi, it came up when I was looking at phone options and clicking into the
buy with prepay option, not to purchase but just to see the prices
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@nkeeley100, I had logged off by the time you posted but I'm here now. From what I gather from the info you have provided, you are on BillPay right? So if your were looking at Prepay via your My3 upgrade option then it would say "you’re not allowed to purchase a new subscription" as it's not compatible with your plan. When you check a BillPay upgrade option this should happen.  

If you'd like to check Prepay phone prices, please log out of My3 and then check the online shop 👌