Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Overcharged on my cancellation bill

cherise

Overcharged on my cancellation bill

Hi

I was overcharged on my cancellation bill and I have been waiting for a resolution since November. I have not paid the bill as it is not correct and now I keep getting calls from your collections team which I will not answer until the bill is resolved.

I ended my services on the 20th of October 2020. before this, I spoke with an agent over your online messenger service and was advised that I would pay a pro-rata amount of usage plus a termination fee. I was told the termination fee would be approximately 70 euro. So I went ahead and cancelled my contract.

When the final bill came in via post in November, the total charges were upwards of 190 euro!!! my bill month ran form the 15th to the 14th of eveyr month so I only used 5 days of my next billing month after cancelling the policy, having cancelled on the 20th, and yet I was charged almost 4 times my normal bill amount. I contacted your online messenger team again to discuss and after insisting several times that this was not correct, the agent then agreed with me, seeing that I had been charged more than 90 euro for data usage when I was on an unlimited data contract as well as some other high charges for only 5 days usage. The agent said this would be escalated as it was obviously wrong and that I would receive a text when a resolution was found. I still have not received any resolution from you, it's now January 2021, and now I am getting daily calls from Three, I presume looking for payment which I will not answer because the bill is not correct and I do not owe this amount of money. 

I am very annoyed as I went to the effort of clearly discussing the repercussions of early termination with an agent prior to cancelling my contract and only agreed to cancellation when the charges were clearly explained to me. Yet I was still massively overcharged. 

1 REPLY 1
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@cherise Hi there and welcome to 3Community. I'd like to take a look at this for you and to do this I'll need access to your account so pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth to get the ball rolling 👍