Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Poor Quality Coverage Ramstown, Gorey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Poor Quality Coverage Ramstown, Gorey

I've been having a problem with the coverage in Ramstown, Gorey for the past couple of weeks. Coverage shows as being realatively strong, but no data seems to flow. When data does flow, it's extremely slow. I have confirmed this is the same for other Three customers in the area.

Previously this was not an issue. Can the cell be checked?

Lat/Long: 52.669340, -6.300107

-James

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James, 

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear this. I've checked the area for you and all the masts are up and running. Are you using 4G or 3G in the area? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joolz,

As I say, the mast is definitely up... it's just the quality of the data coverage that's the problem.

Here's a speedtest I ran — as you can see, releatively good 3G coverage, but absolutely rubbish speeds. And this was when it was good, it can be so bad that I don't even get WhatsApp messages (tiny amounts of data).

This is confirmed on at least two different 3 subscribers.

-James

IMG_1734.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this happen all over Ramstown or just in one specific place? Is it inside or outside? What type of iPhone are you using? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inside and outside in the Oakhill estate. This wasn't an issue previously, so it's not like the location has been bad for coverage. You can see in the screenshot that I had 3 bars of signal — not perfect, but still should be enough to be reliable.

I was there last night and at least it worked at those slow speeds. Other times the data connection hasn't worked at all at all.

My phone is an iPhone X, girlfriend's phone is an iPhone 8.

-James

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, James, I've taken another look into the area but can't see any known issues. I'd like to try some troubleshooting with you if you have the time? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to troubleshoot, but I won't be back in the area until the evening.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries James, we're here until 8pm so pop back here when you have the chance 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here now. Even on the Main Street I’m only getting 0.12 down 0.17 up.
Three_Lisa
3 Mod Retired

Thanks for this info James, it sounds like we'll need to pass this on to tech. Can you send me a PM with your number and details so that I can have them investigate? In the meantime, can you try restarting the phone, enabling data roaming, try 3G only and 4G only and see if this improves the speeds at all.