Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to port number during upgrade

Unable to port number during upgrade

I am a current three bill pay customer who is trying to upgrade. I have gone through the process but when asked if I want to keep my number it says that the number is not able to be ported in. This number is in use and I want to keep it.

3 REPLIES 3
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@KAAAAAAYYYYTTTT Hello there and good morning 👋 I'll help you out here. It sounds like you're placing the order as a new customer. When you are starting the upgrade process log into My3. In there you'll see an option to 'Upgrade Device' in the 'Your Device' section. Select that and follow the steps through to the end to place your order, let me know how you get on 👍

@LauraH Hey, thanks for coming back to me! I'm not placing the order as a new customer. I am trying to upgrade my device through the My3 upgrade process. After I have selected my phone, plan and add ons I am asked if I want to keep my current number. When I choose 'Yes' it asks me to verify the number, when I input my number it says that the number cannot be ported in and I am unable to move any further in the process.

@KAAAAAAYYYYTTTT thanks for getting back to me with that info, it's much appreciated. I'd like to look into this further for you, pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can access your account and we'll go from there 👍