Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Upgrade Problems

UnhappyCus101

Upgrade Problems

On the 3rd or November a member of the Three team rang me snd informed me that I was eligible for an upgrade. At that moment in time I didn’t need one so she told me that I could get a free month in December and that in the new year I would be called again about receiving my upgrade. There was no mention of a contract extension on this call.

On the 29th of December, yesterday. I walked into one our your stores and explained that my phone was now broken and I needed an upgrade. I asked what could be done as my 24 month contract was up in November but at that time I didn’t need it. He informed me that it seemed like I accepted a 6 month extension onto my contract. To my surprise I had no idea what he was talking about and he informed me to call 1913.

I phoned 1913 and the customer service representative I talked to was extremely unhelpful. She told me there was no way possible that I could retract the contract and pay for my December and receive my upgrade even though I wasn’t properly informed at the time. She said I couldn’t pay up until the six months which is March 31st as it wasn’t allowed and I wouldn’t receive my upgrade. She continued to inform me there was nothing that could be done till March 31st when my contract extension was up.

I’d like to know what I can do? I currently have a broken phone and need an upgrade. I’ve entered into a 6 month extension which I was not fully aware of and I believe you should listen back to the phone call as feedback for your “training purposes” . As a Three customer for the last 5+ years I think it’s crazy that no exceptions can be made when someone is in this scenario. I’ve read read through this forum and found that if “Three customers can upgrade 3 months before there contract is up” if this is true will I be eligible for a upgrade on the 31st of December since my “new” contract says it’s over on the 31st of March.

Sorry now about the long winded message but it seems nearly impossible to get your point across to any of your representatives as they just try push the problem onto somebody else.
3 REPLIES 3
Three_James
3 Moderator

Hi there! I'd like to help turn your experience around and check this further with you. Drop me a PM with your full name, mobile number, address and date of birth. I'll be able to view the account and details then.  

Add_00091
Novice

I had a similar experience. I upgraded 1 phone on my business plan. I was not advised that I would have to finish my current contract and then start a further 2 years. I emailed three to ask for the call transcript weeks ago and have not received it.

@Add_00091 Hello, that's not what we like to hear! Tell me, did you receive a reply to your email? Let me know which date you sent it also and we'll go from there.