Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Very poor mobile signal and calls keep dropping

Lotsaquestions
Investigator

Very poor mobile signal and calls keep dropping

Hi, I've lived in the same apartment for 8 years and never had a problem with mobile signal until a few years ago when it started to deteriorate.  At that time I could have a conversation on the telephone when standing beside the windows.  Now I can't make a 30 second telephone call without the call dropping midway through, at least once.  I can still use my phone thanks to my wifi, but I cannot currently make calls unless they are over the internet.  Help please!!

3 REPLIES 3
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Lotsaquestions Good morning 👋 Lets take a look at this, tell me what's your general area? Do you know of anyone else in the area that has noticed anything similar? Let me know 👍

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I’m based in Blackrock, Dublin and the building management company aren’t aware of anyone else having this issue.

@Lotsaquestions Thanks for getting back to me. I don't see any alarms on masts in that area. Is it possible to try your SIM in another phone? This will rule out a handset problem. Also, how old is your SIM card?