Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

WiFi calling and VoLTE (IMS)

SOLVED
iphone12-three5
Investigator

WiFi calling and VoLTE (IMS)

Any update on whether Three will be launching WiFi calling and VoLTE ? Both Vodafone and Eir both fully support WiFi and 4G calling for a number of years now. Even budget MVNO Gomo offers 4G and WiFi calling.

Any timeline would be greatly appreciated, can we expect to see it in the 6 months ? I assumed as part of the Ericsson RAN swap out and Ericsson core you’d be moving away from CSFB to an IMS by now.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back. Great to hear, look forward to it going live. I’m happy to test any beta release if it’s a possibility.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@iphone12-three5 Hi there, nice to chat with you again 👋 I'm excited for this too! It's something that is being worked on, I'm told towards the end of the year is looking promising 😉

Thanks for getting back. Great to hear, look forward to it going live. I’m happy to test any beta release if it’s a possibility.

I guess as the core network is upgraded there will be more IoT offerings as well, like eSIMs on the way too

@billbond4 I'm sure there will be many people who will be interested in this. @iphone12-three5 thanks for volunteering. I'll make sure that our device team knows 💪

LUKE_04244
Investigator

Hi, 1 year since this was posted. Any sign of wifi calling and VoLTE launching ? 

Vodafone now even offer this to Pay as you go customers.

Indoor calls are used now more and than ever and falling back to 3G to make a call is painful especially since 2100mhz was refarmed to LTE.

@LUKE_04244 we're waiting on news, the same as you! Keep an eye on our idea's board here