lack of customer service

eoinodon

lack of customer service

i have had an issue for last month

out gojng calls were cancelled as my billed account went over limits - fair
enough

message to pay minimum payment to access services - paid 08/04/2020

service not restored

for last three weeks i have been using messenger to resolve this issue. my case has been closed three times by (in)operatives.

last todays i have been asked for address and dob on same message chain. these details have been provided four times already.

each message i get asks “what is the problem” this has been explained four times.

today i was told “i will look into this for you” then the “conversation was resolved” and i was asked for my satiafaction rating in how my issue was resolved.

i will be going to commissioner for coms regs with a complaint. its bad enough to have limited service, but at this time its having serious impact

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@eoinodon I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience and I do understand where you're coming from. Can you send me a PM? I do need your details (full name, number, address and date of birth) because we have never talked before. I'd like a chance to turn this around for you.

Heather1
Investigator

Good, go and complain. I'll be doing same. Have experienced all of this because I cancelled my contract (wihtin the 14 days) a month ago. No refund and am still being billed. Never ever use three. Customer service is apalling. Chat operatives are bots. It's some sort of automated response for mot part.  I had to go on twitter to get any response but even that took days. lost the plot and rang to cancel. Now they keep saying we never received the sim blah blah. Absolutely illegal and sharp practice. The more tha tcomplain to the consumper protection people the better. 

I had this same issue previously a number of months ago which I was unable to resolve but fortunately back then it was close to the date my direct debit leaves my account so service was restored within a couple of days.

This evening I received two texts within a couple of seconds of each other. The first text noted I reached 90% of my credit limit and then a second later another text came in to say I had used the full allowance and my service was being suspended until the next billing date.... this is nearly three weeks away !!!

I am on bill pay with direct debit set up for payment at the end of each month. I have never missed a payment so confused by this action particularly when there was no communication from Three to enquire about the usage. Bills in previous months were much higher than the current figure so it is not as if I have used the service excessively this month. Some consideration should also be given to the need for people now having to work from home during lockdown with their mobile being the only means of speaking to people- this clearly would see a spike in usage but as I say to suspend services with no prior warning and failure to communicate any concerns is very poor customer service and has left me now without capacity of making outgoing calls, in turn impacting my job.

Please have someone from Three contact me as a matter of urgency to resolve this. Thank you

@Kes Hi there, let's take a look at this for you 👍

First off, I reckon that you could be on a better price plan. Do you know the name of the plan you are on at the moment? It sounds like you've gone outside of your monthly allowance and that is why the charges are applying to your account. Did you know that you can monitor your allowance in your My3 app? It's highly recommendable to do this especially on plans that aren't unlimited.

Can you send me a PM with your details and I'll have a look at your account? this way I'll be able to check the plan and what's causing the extra usage.