Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3Broadband and Sky-on-Demand board

SOLVED
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

3Broadband and Sky-on-Demand board

Hi all and thanks for bringing this to the attention of 3Community.  Please continue to post comments here, as we are closely monitoring this board and taking note of all the examples you are providing us 

Three_Deborah_0-1617977563077.png

Thanks to you, our tech team has customers' examples to investigate the root cause. Right now, I have no update other than this investigation is in progress and our tech team is reaching out to Sky.

I've moved the original thread here, to keep all the information together.

Again, thank you for providing examples and for your patience.

*  edited 09/04/2021

Latest Update: 13/04/2021

Hi all, our tech team are focusing on a workaround for 3Broadband customers who are also Sky customers. We are testing a few options and I will let you know here. 

tagging @Jack @Graceae86 @Eimear @BCrow @peterw12 @Eamon @Mfg @Mary9 

Latest Update: 20/04/2021

Thanks again for your patience. The relevant teams are continuing to work towards a workaround for changes made with Sky-on-Demand services. As always, I'll keep 3Community in the loop.

Latest Update: 29/04/2021

A fix was rolled out by Sky last night and our members are reporting a return to their services. Thanks again to all Community members for reporting this to us  🤗

52 REPLIES 52
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Graceae86 I've moved your post over to this thread as you'll see other members are experiencing the same thing. Any updates will be posted here 👍

TMacN
Novice

Hi Deborah,
I too have the same issue regarding not being able to download any Sky-On-Demand content.  I'll check back here for updates.

As we're heading into the weekend, I wanted to keep in touch on this board.

There is no solution at the moment.

Although the root cause is not on Three's side, our service team are testing workarounds with their counterparts in Sky . This is a cross-company collaboration, and may take time before a possible solution is found.

Thanks for the update Deborah.

Thanks for updates. Hopefully will get sorted for all soon!
SThompson
Novice

Are Three any closer to solving this problem with Sky TV?? It is going on since end Feb. I am paying Sky and Three for a service I can’t access.... I will be leaving both if it is not sorted out.
I know it is not just an incompatibility problem with Three and that other networks are effected too. Should I be badgering Sky instead of Three?! Each has been blaming the other and I am caught in the middle.

@SThompson, Hi there, I've moved your post to the main thread. I'm updating this thread as I get more information. It's best to have all 3Community members on one thread so that when there is an update, all can see.

I get your sentiment, as I'm sure others are feeling the same way. Sky-On-Demand is a Sky product, not Three's, and the relevant team here has reached out on behalf of our customers. I've been personally following up every day and I hope to have an update either way soon. 

To all on this thread, thanks again for your patience and I'll be back here as soon as I can.

Mfg
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, is there any update on this issue yet please? 🤗
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

Good morning all. I'm dropping in here as @Three_Deborah is out of the office for a bit.

Can I ask you all to test your Sky-On-Demand this morning and let me know if you notice any changes? A fix was rolled out by Sky last night and we'd love to hear your feedback on it 👌

Tried episode 2 of "your honor" which wouldn't download before and it downloaded fine, then tried 2 random episodes of other programs in catch up and both downloaded fine to the box.

I will test a few episodes from boxsets next and let you know how it goes 

I never restarted box or run any updates so box must of updated itself overnight, fingers crossed it might be fixed

Update : Boxset downloads are working aswell, downloaded the one episode of the blacklist season 8 that i was missing , and download all 6 episodes of Catch 22 from boxsets

I switched the power off on the box mid download on one of the episodes to test then turned it back on and it resumed the download fine, so it appears to be fixed and doing what it should again.

Jack