Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3Broadband and Sky-on-Demand board

SOLVED
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

3Broadband and Sky-on-Demand board

Hi all and thanks for bringing this to the attention of 3Community.  Please continue to post comments here, as we are closely monitoring this board and taking note of all the examples you are providing us 

Three_Deborah_0-1617977563077.png

Thanks to you, our tech team has customers' examples to investigate the root cause. Right now, I have no update other than this investigation is in progress and our tech team is reaching out to Sky.

I've moved the original thread here, to keep all the information together.

Again, thank you for providing examples and for your patience.

*  edited 09/04/2021

Latest Update: 13/04/2021

Hi all, our tech team are focusing on a workaround for 3Broadband customers who are also Sky customers. We are testing a few options and I will let you know here. 

tagging @Jack @Graceae86 @Eimear @BCrow @peterw12 @Eamon @Mfg @Mary9 

Latest Update: 20/04/2021

Thanks again for your patience. The relevant teams are continuing to work towards a workaround for changes made with Sky-on-Demand services. As always, I'll keep 3Community in the loop.

Latest Update: 29/04/2021

A fix was rolled out by Sky last night and our members are reporting a return to their services. Thanks again to all Community members for reporting this to us  🤗

52 REPLIES 52

Have tried using VPNs. Only worked sometimes. Kept disconnecting.
Need guidance from Sky or Three on solutions!

It would have to be a UK one or else Sky wont work.

Can Three recommend VPN for Huawei Router B535? No luck with VPNs i have tried.
Would prefer if Three or Sky had a solution. Added cost also

Hi all and thanks for bringing this to the attention of 3Community. I've marked this as an accepted solution for the sole purpose of making any updates easy to find on this thread. Feel free to continue to post comments here, but for the moment we're closely monitoring this board and taking note of all the examples you are providing us 💪

Thanks to you, our tech team has customers' examples to investigate the root cause. Right now, I have no update other than this investigation is in progress and our tech team is reaching out to Sky.

Again, thank you for providing examples and for your patience.

VPN is not a viable solution to this issue.

@Three_Deborah@LauraH can we get an update from the network team?

Has anything been changed on 3 side recently ? As I have said mine worked fine using the same sim/number for 2 years

Looks like something changed with Sky. Others having same 4G issue with other providers.
No definite answer if or when this will be resolved or solution is disappointing at this stage
Mary9
Novice

Hi I have had this issue with sky on demand since Wednesday. Rang sky did everything they said and still having issues. Told me to contact three which I did yesterday went through everything on theirnside. Sky rsng me back today and say on threes website it stated to ring a 0330 number cant get through call cant be connected so rang 1913 and explained what sky said. They said they are looking into it and ring sky back and say if they could contact them through the link inwas sent from three which I did and the guy on the other end of sky said I needed to change provider I said I don't fancy that and if he could contact 3 through the li k he said hold it here your eligible for an upgrade to a sky q box so getting that now instead of back and forth and back and forth but noway was he going to take the link off me to contact ye I explained its an Irish problem bjt in d end iv a new sky box basically sky+HD boxes are on d way out he said and will need upgrading worth checking your vip services to see can you get a free sky q box which is whag iv just done. Hope this helps.

I am having the same problems recently, wondering is there a solution, spoke to sky and they said its a problem with 3
Jack
Investigator

Hi @Mary9 I have a sky Q box which has worked perfect for 2 years using 3 mobile, when they switched my package to sky signature is when my issues started. So having a Sky Q box won't make a bit of difference unfortunately. The issue is downloading to the box so its something sky have changed recently. You can record to your phone or PC fine with catchup/boxsets whilst its connected to the same network at home, but as soon as you try and save to your sky box it fails. Reading through the sky forums its not just 3 that its affecting but sky are just blaming the mobile providers and not taking ownership of the issue for now. Giving you a different box isn't going to fix your problem as its the downloading that is effected not the signal coming in.