Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

4G broadband in Lusk

PaddyF
Novice

4G broadband in Lusk

The service is dreadful for a few weeks now in Lusk. When I thought about moving to 4G broadband last summer I did many speed tests using my phone. The speeds were really impressive then even up to 100mbs at times and rarely below 40mbs. This evening I'm getting 1 or 2mbs. It's been dreadful. I'm surprised as there is a three mast in the village. What's going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@PaddyF Hello there, have you had a look at our 3MadeEasy blog on how to improve your broadband signal? 👉 click here . Other Community members have found it helpful 😊  

Hi Deborah

The suggestions on setting up 4G broadband are fine for someone having difficulty starting off. In my case, the speeds were fine from before the new year until relatively recently. Nonetheless, I moved the router upstairs to a window where the mast is actually visible. This did not result in an increase in speed.

I presume the system is under pressure from increased Covid-19 related use. Can more capacity be added? Is there any hope of 5G in our area (Lusk, Co. Dublin) in the near future?

Regards

Paddy Fox

@PaddyF Hi Paddy, thanks for trying that. It's quite possible that traffic has increased in your area resulting in a dip in speeds. What I can do from my side, is loop in with our tech team and have your connection to the mast or masts in your area checked. Please send me your number, full address and date of birth so we can access the info needed 👍