Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

APN Settings for Unrestricted NAT

jole

APN Settings for Unrestricted NAT

I have been a 3 mobile broadband customer for a number of years and have always used the "3internet" APN as it allowed unrestricted NAT.

Recently I have been unable to access resources on my network remotely due to port forwards I have setup not working due to the presence of an external firewall on the network. This change has happened within the past week.

I have also tried the “3broadband.ie” and the “3ireland.ie” APNs both of which delivered similar results.

Though with the "3internet" APN I can see my router still receives a public IP address, the other APNs give an address from a private range.

Is there a setting I can modify or an alternate APN that I can use to get unrestricted NAT back.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@jole Hi there, at present it's not possible to add this to your account, it's something our tech team are working on. Pop me a PM with your broadband number along with your full name, address and date of birth so I can add your number to their list 👍

I'm having the same issue. Are they going to find a solution for everyone or do we need to individually request this?
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Kev0 Hi there 👋 Once the solution is found it'll be available for all mobile broadband customers to add to their accounts 👍

@LauraH ,

Any update on this? and can you add my details to the list also? for some reason I have "insufficient privileges" when I try to PM you.

Thanks,

Derek

@derekos Good morning 👋 Our tech team are continuing to work on a fix for this, we'll be posting on Community as soon as one is available so keep your eyes peeled. In the meantime, try to send me a PM now and let me know how it goes 👍

@LauraH 

Thanks for the update! I tried PM'ing you now, but same error, screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Derek

error.jpg

@derekos I've made some changes to your profile, try again for me 👍

@derekos Hi there 👋 I'm wondering if you've tried to send a PM since we last chatted? Let me know how it went for you if you have 👍

@LauraH ,

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Michael