Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

APN Settings for Unrestricted NAT

jole

APN Settings for Unrestricted NAT

I have been a 3 mobile broadband customer for a number of years and have always used the "3internet" APN as it allowed unrestricted NAT.

Recently I have been unable to access resources on my network remotely due to port forwards I have setup not working due to the presence of an external firewall on the network. This change has happened within the past week.

I have also tried the “3broadband.ie” and the “3ireland.ie” APNs both of which delivered similar results.

Though with the "3internet" APN I can see my router still receives a public IP address, the other APNs give an address from a private range.

Is there a setting I can modify or an alternate APN that I can use to get unrestricted NAT back.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

@MichaelK Hello 👋 we're continuing to loop in with our tech team as they work on a resolution for this, these things sometimes take time. Keep an eye on our announcement over here, we'll be posting updates there as soon as we have them 👍

@LauraH - Thank you!

Hi, I'm having the same issues as others here. I'm unsure as to whether I have a dedicated/static public address for my SIM. Cant seem to directly PM you at the moment.

@SROONEY Hello there 👋 Tell me, did you request this be added to your account previously? I can check this for you and as you've posted publicly you'll now have the permissions required to PM me so let me know your broadband number along with your full name, address and date of birth 👍

So is there currently a way to get back the public IP address connectivity that the 3internet APN used to support or is it still something the "tech team are working on"?

Give them a chance!!

They have only had 5 months+ 😒
Rabie
Investigator

HAHAHAHAHA, funny 😛
Technically it's been closer to 8 months on this thread, but longer if you search for other threads you will find stuff going back a year or more.

@LauraH @Three_Deborah

They have created a handy page which says they are working very hard on the issue and will update soon... months later the page have had no updates.

At the current rate you might just be better off going with another provider providing a proper service 😞

@jole @Rabie @Kev0 @gparker 

I know there's been quite a bit of banter here about "time", and to be honest this was out of my hands but still, I haven't forgotten about you and continued to to link in with the relevant teams. I know it's been a while, but you might be interested in an update. If so, have a look over here 

Three_Deborah_0-1636634655306.png