Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

Broadband Charge

Highlighted
Explorer

Broadband Charge

Hi there,

I closed a mobile broadband account that was several months out of an 18 month contract on April 23. The broadband was €30 p/month collected by direct debit and on May 6 €91.46 was taken from my account as well as another €30 today, June 5.

I’ve spoken on live chat and had a 30 minute call and neither operators could inform me why the amount of €91.46 was taken. Could you please advise and refund if this was in error and if not, explain to me what the sum of €91.46 is for?

Thank you,

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
3 Moderator

Re: Broadband Charge

@Paul_G was both payments you mentioned above for the same account or do you have another account that one of the payments could be linked to? 

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi Shauna,

Thanks for the response. Home broadband is the only account I have associated to my bank account, €30 was charged monthly via direct debit. The €91 is a complete anomaly looking back over the past few months of statments.

My mobile is pay as you go, it is not associated with my bank account. I top that up via credit card using the 3 app. If I can supply any other information to assit please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

Highlighted
3 Moderator

@Paul_G thanks for providing all the information above. 

When you have the chance will you send me a PM with your full name, broadband number/IMEI, full home address and your date of birth so I can access your account and check the bill out further for you and get a better understanding for you. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi Shauna,

It’s not letting me PM you these details. I keep getting this messge despite not having sent any PMs before…

β€˜You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.’

Paul

Highlighted
Explorer

Those details should be with you now, thanks.

P

Highlighted
3 Community Manager

@Paul_G We see your PM and have popped back to you there πŸ‘ I know @Three_Shauna asked you a few questions about the amount. I'm wondering have your direct debits gone out on time each month. I know some customers got a text a few weeks ago to advise that their bill from a previous month was not taken and a double payment would be taken. Can you see any months skipped through your banking transactions? 

Highlighted
Explorer

No, Deborah. It’s been taken out as usual every month for the duration of the contract and beyond as the attached screengrab will contest.

I closed the account with an online operator at the end of April and the €91 charge happend at the start May. It’s apparant to me that the operator made this charge in error and I would like it to now be refunded. I’ve wasted several hours on phone calls, chats, Twitter and forums without a hint of an explanation so the charge  needs to be reversed at this stage.

Thank you,

Paul

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 13.06.07.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 13.01.26.png

3 Community Manager

@Paul_G Thanks a million for that. I've popped back to your PM πŸ‘

Highlighted
Explorer

Thank you. Just replied on DM.