Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Broadband Issue - Bad speed 4G or 3G

_ajunior
Novice

Broadband Issue - Bad speed 4G or 3G

A couple of days I noticed downloading issues using my Internet mobile phone connection. Usually, I've got a velocity between 15 and 20 Mbps (download) in the speed test results, but now, I've between 1 and 4 Mbps (download) during the day and it's worse in the evening, between 400 Kbps and 700 Kbps (download). I've tried to change the network for 3G but it's worse. I've changed the mobile phone and the same issue happens.

The Upload connection is normal as usual, 20 Mbps.

9 REPLIES 9
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@_ajunior Hi there, I'd like to help you out. First of all, can you help me out with something?

Are you connecting your phone to a broadband device via WIFI? Let me know and we'll go from there 👍

Hi Deborah!

Sorry, my mistake, yes some times when I want to watch movies on my computer I use my phone to share my internet connection. It's an issue on my mobile phone internet connection speed.

@_ajunior Ah, perfect. Glad we cleared that up 😊 Do you notice any dips in signal/speed when you are not connecting your phone to another device? 

Hi Deborah!

No really, I've just a very slow speed.

@_ajunior Let's check the coverage to start with. Can you tell me the name of the area you live in? ( not your full address, please) 

No problem, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare

@_ajunior Hi there 👋 I've taken a look at the general Ballyvaughan area and don't see any changes there recently. How was your coverage over the weekend? Any improvement? If not, pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can take a look at your account 👌

Malcolm_04232
Novice

1. You are having it good. Every day Max mbps1 maybe 1.8 dl.  Three is advertising and completely ignoring obligation. Wait. An employee will come forward with dirt .And I wil give 1/4 million quid to whoever that is. I hate deceivers. Hope u get better luck though.

Hi @Malcolm_04232 👋 Oh no 😲 That's not what I like to hear, how long have you been having difficulties with your mobile broadband? Have you had a chance to try any of the troubleshooting steps outlined in our blog All about: Broadband Coverage? Let me know what you have tried and then I will be able to see what our next step is😊